Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Budget TV-Out Card

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 Andy Hardin

Andy Hardin

Stunt Coordinator

• 99 posts

Posted January 08 2004 - 06:40 AM

I'm working on a dedicated audio and video jukebox program using Virtual Jukebox software. I have finally gotten the computer together for it. What I'm looking for is a budget video card with TV-out that I can use with it.

With this software, in dual monitor situations the primary video will have the music selections, and if a secondary card is attached then you can output video, lyrics, etc to a secondary video source.

So, in practice, this card will be used to output to my big screen to show the 300+ music videos I have in mpeg and avi format.

This card really doesn't need to be much special, but I am afraid of a subpar card that has a subpar TV-out since we all know these are not all created equal. Any ideas for older, less powerful cards with a good video out. Hell, something 16MB or 32MB should suffice. I just don't want to get something that looks like crap, but I don't need that much horsepower since it is going to be used in a dedicated situation.

Thanks for your input. Andy