Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Budget TV-Out Card

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Andy Hardin

Andy Hardin

Stunt Coordinator

• 99 posts

Posted January 08 2004 - 06:40 AM

I'm working on a dedicated audio and video jukebox program using Virtual Jukebox software. I have finally gotten the computer together for it. What I'm looking for is a budget video card with TV-out that I can use with it.

With this software, in dual monitor situations the primary video will have the music selections, and if a secondary card is attached then you can output video, lyrics, etc to a secondary video source.

So, in practice, this card will be used to output to my big screen to show the 300+ music videos I have in mpeg and avi format.

This card really doesn't need to be much special, but I am afraid of a subpar card that has a subpar TV-out since we all know these are not all created equal. Any ideas for older, less powerful cards with a good video out. Hell, something 16MB or 32MB should suffice. I just don't want to get something that looks like crap, but I don't need that much horsepower since it is going to be used in a dedicated situation.

Thanks for your input. Andy