What's new

The Final Countdown SE due 3/30 (1 Viewer)

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Due out on March 30th, these are he specs for the Special Edition:

Single-Disc Edition: MSRP $19.95

-High-Def Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1 and Full Screen Transfers
-Dolby Digital 5.1 EX and DTS 6.1 ES
-THX-Certified
-Audio Commentary w/ Cinematographer Victor J. Kemper
-Theatrical Trailers and TV Spots

Two-Disc Limited Edition (100,000 Copies: features special lenticular cover; that when the case is turned from side to side, the Nimitz disappears and reappears in the vortex): MSRP $29.95

Disc 1:

-High-Def Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1 and Full Screen Transfers
-Dolby Digital 5.1 EX and DTS 6.1 ES
-THX-Certified
-Audio Commentary w/ Cinematographer Victor J. Kemper
-Theatrical Trailers and TV Spots

Disc 2:

-Interviews w/ associate producer Lloyd Kaufman, members of the real "Jolly Rogers" F-14 fighter squadron from the USS Nimitz.

-Still Galleries

-Poster Art

-Bio of Kirk Douglas

-Journal of Zero Pilot (DVD-ROM)

SvenS

Second Unit
I'll get worried if they do not release demo copies to reviewers a head of time which usually means they are hiding quality problems hoping a lot of people buy it before word gets out.

The specs look good but I am still a wait and see on this DVD.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell

What are you so wary of? This is a new release taken from the original negative from a top-notch organization that actually has the rights to the film. This has no connection whatsoever to any previous questionable release. I've yet to see a Blue Underground release get anything less than stellar reviews for technical quality (although the aesthetic quality of the films they release is surely up for debate), so I've got no worries. To intimate that they may plan on hiding quality problems is completely off-base.

DJ

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Crawdaddy,

You can see their full release list on their website. The label is geared towards exploitation and horror fare, some famous and some infamous (and some both). The company is headed up by Bill Lustig (director of Maniac and Maniac Cop, among others, and former Anchor Bay DVD producer) and Jay Douglas (former Anchor Bay DVD producer). Prior to going out on their own, Blue Underground produced many, if not most, of Anchor Bay's horror releases for a couple of years (if you have any AB horror titles from 2001 or 2002, you may notice a BU credit on the featurettes). Their Spaghetti Western and Mondo Cane boxsets, as well as individual releases such as Salon Kitty and Emanuelle in America, are heavy favorites as release of the year at the Euro-Cult forum over at Mobius Home Video Forum.

DJ

SvenS

Second Unit
I wary mostly because I want this film on DVD SO BAD and of very good quality that the PFE debacle has me wondering if I would ever get this film in good quality. Plus the fact that I have never heard of Blue Underground myself.

Brad M

Second Unit
I'm so glad I skipped the first release. I've already pre-ordered the 2-disc set so it better be good!

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Damin,

Thanks. I just saw that Deep Discount Dvd has the sets for $11.98 for the single disc version and $17.98 for the 2 disc SE. Both prices include delivery. :emoji_thumbsup:

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
I've never seen this, but it sounds like a fun little film. I'll get the limited edition as soon as possible.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Are you sure the one disk version is also new by Blue Underground? I was thinking the one disk was the lousy PFE release from last year.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
The extras on the second disc seem a little light, so I think I'll just go with the single disc.

Blue Underground did an outstanding job on "Dean & Buried," a jem of a little horror movie from the 80's, so I have complete confidence in them.

Todd Robertson

Second Unit
I own all the BU titles...yes, I've been labeled a "BU fanboy". from all of us BU fans....trust us. if BU has anything to do with it...based on their track record...it's gonna be just fine. maybe even more than you could hope for.

cant wait for the 2 new Franco titles, later this month!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks