Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Please help with this movie poster

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Mat_M

Mat_M

Stunt Coordinator

• 225 posts

Posted January 05 2004 - 07:09 PM

Hey folks, not sure where this thread should belong; hopefully it's right here. My brother is a huge movie poster fan and wants a Return of the King poster. I found this one:

http://www.hollywood....l.aspx?ID=1193

It's huge and I know he'd love it. My questions are:
Is this a reliable website? Is this poster "official"? I'm not too educated on what to look for with movie posters. Is there a quick 5-10 page FAQ on movie posters?

Thanks for the help!

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Vickie_M

Vickie_M

Producer

• 3,208 posts

Posted January 05 2004 - 07:23 PM

Hmm, I clicked the link and looked around. I don't know anything about them. I saw a poster I desperately wanted and even put it in a "cart" but then I noticed a strange thing. They're selling Trilogy Tuesday Gifts (http://www.hollywood....l.aspx?ID=1217) with no indication (via text or price) that they were limited editions given freely to TT-goers. Are they fake? Are they real? If they're real does New Line/Weta know about this?

The price is unbelieveably reasonable for such a "limited edition" item!

I don't know. It's odd. I still want my poster though. I hope someone else chimes in.
Favorite film of 2008 (so far): The Fall

Favorite films of 2007: There Will Be Blood, Across The Universe, The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford, Black Snake Moan

My Happy Rhodes MySpace page

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Mat_M

Mat_M

Stunt Coordinator

• 225 posts

Posted January 05 2004 - 07:29 PM

I've been doing a little reading over at http://www.learnaboutmovieposters.com but haven't found anything specifically related to a poster like this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   DonRoeber

DonRoeber

Screenwriter

• 1,851 posts

Posted January 06 2004 - 02:28 AM

You realize that's not a poster though, right? It's a banner, and is humongous. Normal posters are 27x40. This is 48x68.

I've bought a bunch of posters from Hollywood Dreams. Most recently, my wife got me the six Return of the King teaser posters from them, for Christmas. They're fantastic, and as far as I can tell, originals.
Luckily, right at that moment, an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof.

He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Mat_M

Mat_M

Stunt Coordinator

• 225 posts

Posted January 06 2004 - 09:24 AM

Yes I know it's a big one, and I'm hoping my brother will appreciate itPosted Image Thanks for the feedback!

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   Mat_M

Mat_M

Stunt Coordinator

• 225 posts

Posted February 04 2004 - 09:13 AM

So it's been almost a month since I ordered from these punks. I STILL have NOT received my poster. I'll keep you updated. As far as I'm concerned, stay away from them.

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Mat_M

Mat_M

Stunt Coordinator

• 225 posts

Posted February 22 2004 - 04:17 PM

So it finally came. You should see the condition it's in...my God:

www.public.asu.edu/~mat2222/pictures/posters/

It was shipped in two smaller cylindrical tubes TAPED together. What a joke. Look at the damage. I'll keep you updated on IF he'll send me another one.

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   ZacharyTait

ZacharyTait

Screenwriter

• 2,187 posts

Posted February 22 2004 - 04:41 PM

First of all, that sucks.

Second of all, I hope you either get your money back or another poster in perfect condition.

Third of all, could you put the pics on seperate pages or put a list of links to each photo? It would help a lot to see the posters and tubes.

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Steve Felix

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor

• 618 posts

Posted February 22 2004 - 05:06 PM

Of the four posters I've received from eBay sellers, two of them were destroyed in exactly the manner your picture shows. I'm all too familiar with the fold pattern a bent poster tube makes. I hope you can get it replaced since the tube(s) were obviously deficient. (In my case they were perfectly fine tubes that the USPS managed to maim anyway.)

www.learnaboutmovieposters.com is a great site by the way, with a friendly, active forum populated by serious pros (some major names in the business).
"We're trying to make a movie here, not a film!"
Flickr photos