2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 RonGecan

RonGecan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted January 05 2004 - 09:50 AM

Hi Everyone,

First off, want to thank Ron for his review of XM and Sirius as well as everyone else who posted comments. I have been trying to decide for a while which service to go with. Thought the extra $3 for no commercials for Sirius was tempting -- decided to seal the deal after hearing of Sirius' arrangement with the NFL.

The wife got me the home/car pack for Christmas. One thing I can say I don't like is how large the receiver/cradle is. I don't think my Saab is well suited for convenient mounting -- the only place that struck me was atop the dashboard, which seems that it could pose line of sight problems. Probably will put in a new head unit.

ANYHOW, went ahead and installed the home kit. Reception is not good in the house -- not Sirius' fault, need North/West windows, we've got, you've guessed it, South/East exposure. Add in some overhangs on the building, and I get intermittent signal if any at all.

I think I'll mount the antenna outside -- Sirius says it's built to stand the weather. Anyone with any experience in this? I'm sure if it fails after a while it's only a twenty (?) dollar purchase for a new antenna, but am wondering just how weather resistant these really are.

Thanks for the help!

Ron.

#2 of 3 Chris

Chris

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 6,790 posts

Posted January 05 2004 - 06:07 PM

Ron-

I have mine of course, on my car. Here in Kansas City we had an ice storm over the weekend, with ice on my car at least 3/4" thick in most spots, some places thicker. I bothered to scrape off the windows, but didn't think about getting up on the top of my car to scrape off or De-ice my Sirius antenna. I had no reception problems at all, perfect signal Posted Image
My Current DVD-Profiler

"I've been Ostrafied!" - Christopher, Sopranos 5/6/07

#3 of 3 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Advanced Member

• 37,265 posts

Posted January 05 2004 - 10:09 PM

Ron,

Welcome to Satellite Radio. You should be
very happy.

Do me a favor, just out of curiosity.....

Over the next few days list the Sirius channels
you listen to and let me know if you notice a
lot of repetition on those channels.

Thanks

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users