What's new

Crimson Tide and Enemy of the State SEs due 5/4 (but POSTPONED) (1 Viewer)

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Direct from the studio, both of these Tony Scott directed films will be released as special editions on May 5th. No details are out other than that.....

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Do you have the link from the studio?

I have been looking forward to a Crimson Tide: SE for a long time.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
:emoji_thumbsup:

Gonna pick up Crimson Tide, as I have avoided the current release. A great submarine film!

DanR

Supporting Actor
My god, it's about time on the Crimson Tide SE. Charlie DeL. had mentioned in 02 that it was done (though I think he said he wasn't involved in it). It's finally here. Crazy enough, it was one of the last DVDs on my list (with Schindler's List, the Original SW Trilogy, and Alladin). Now, it looks like they're all coming in 04.

Regards,
Dan

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
Allready have Enemy of the State SE. Hope this R1 version doesn't have any more extra's than the R2 version, but, judging by the SE of Ransom it probably won't. A commentary track by Tony Scott I could live without, as the one he provided for True Romance was a real snooze fest.

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Been waiting for a Crimson Tide SE. I'll be picking up both and my nephew will be getting my Enemy of the State for his birthday.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I would like to see an anamorphic Armadeddon with the transfer quality of the Criterion version.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I wonder if the Crimson Tide disc will have a DTS track? It occurred to me as I have the DTS laserdisc of this movie. Not that I would not welcome it, seems it always comes up.

CraigL

Screenwriter

My R3 version of the SE has it...but it's non-anamorphic. Same with Ransom. I'm guessing the DTS will be left off of both. :frowning:

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Finally a R1 Crimson Tide SE! Let's all pray for DTS and no EE! :)

Mikko-Ville

Stunt Coordinator
Here are the specs for the R2 and R4 "special editons" of Crimson Tide and Enemy of the State.

Crimson Tide: SE
-Theatrical Trailer
-Making Of featurette
-All Access: On The Set featurette
-7 Deleted Scenes
-Dutch, English, English HoH and Portuguese Subtitles
-2.35:1 anamorphic PAL
-Dolby Digital 5.1 English
-Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround Spanish
-Amaray Case

Enemy of the State: SE
-Theatrical trailer
-The Making Of Enemy Of The State feature (30 minutes)
-The Showdown featurette
-Deleted Scenes ('Jones gets bitten', 'Confrontation at the limousine', 'Dean searches for Brill' and Feilder digs the nanny')
-English, Swedish, Finnish and Norwegian Subtitles
-2.35:1 anamorphic PAL
-Dolby Digital 5.1 English
-Amaray Case

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
Can't wait for the Crimson Tide SE. I have the first release of Enemy of the State, and I don't think I watch it enough to warrant a double dip. Too bad it's non-anamorphic, though.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Ditto I am so glad that both CRIMSON TIDE and ENEMY OF THE STATE will be coming out in Anamorphic Enhancement for R1. I have held off buying these because I will not buy the non-anamorphic ones.

I also agree that they need to release an Anamorphic version of ARMAGEDDON, ... (and DEEP IMPACT).

Dave H

Senior HTF Member

I would rather not see a DTS track (to save more bits for the video) but I agree about the EE. Disney/Vista seems to be the worst offender when it comes to edge enhancement.

Scotty_McW

Second Unit
Finally! I have the current Enemy of the State and will repurchase in an instant. I avoided Crimson Tide but think it's a great film and will also buy that one right away too.

I totally agree on this one too. There are several titles from Buena Vista that I would like to see revisited someday. Good Morning Vietnam, Dead Poets Society, and Con Air are just a few on my wish list!

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
Speaking of Crimson Tide.
I watched some of it on HBOHD last night and the picture quality blew my socks off.
Some of the best HD material is older stuff, I don't know why. Pulp Fiction also looked amazing.
They even had it in 5.1.

The SE should have a great transfer if they use the same source as HBOHD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks