• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 David_Jr

David_Jr

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted January 03 2004 - 11:36 PM

What can I use to clean the screen on my laptop? I noticed there are fingerprints and smudges on it from my kids. Toshiba 15 inch active matrix TFT I believe.
Dave

#2 of 5 Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 10,636 posts

Posted January 04 2004 - 10:01 AM

Nothing fancier then a soft terry cloth hand towel that's lightly dampened with water. Lightly wipe the screen and follow with a dry terry cloth to dry it. If you have to, add a little dab of Windex to the damp towel, not the screen. The trick is to keep the towel damp and use light pressure. Repeat if necessary, be patient. Also if the towel is too wet, then you'll risk water entering behind the bezel. I don't go for fancy LCD screen cleaning products. This is what I do with my laptop.

#3 of 5 Josh Lowe

Josh Lowe

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted January 04 2004 - 10:57 AM

I wouldn't use Windex - it contains ammonia and that might mess up the anti-glare coating on an LCD display.

#4 of 5 Brian W. Ralston

Brian W. Ralston

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted January 04 2004 - 12:28 PM

there is a product for Apple stuff that can work on any screen. It's called iKlear Apple Polish. I love it. I works great....help reduce static buildup on CRT and LCD displays.....and comes with no lint polishing cloths you can use.

The kit is about $20, but will last a long time.
Regards,
Brian W. Ralston

#5 of 5 Jeff R.

Jeff R.

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted January 04 2004 - 02:28 PM

Klearscreen is another screen cleaning product. I haven't used it but I know some people who have and they really like it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users