Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Denon AVR-3803 display question?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Paul_III

Paul_III

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted January 03 2004 - 08:08 AM

My roommate was playing with my receiver the other night (Denon AVR-3803), and did something so that now the display does not stay lit up. When you turn on the receiver, it stays lit for about 15 seconds, and then the display turns itself off. The receiver is still functioning fine, and the display will light up again if you adjust the volume, switch the audio source, etc. but again, it will stay lit for a pre-dertermined amount of time, about 15 seconds I think. I'm just wondering if there is a simple setting I don't know about that my roommate may have accidentally triggered? I'm trying to find my manual now, however I just moved so it may be a while before I find it, which is why I'm asking here...

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   JeffPhill

JeffPhill

Agent

• 28 posts

Posted January 03 2004 - 08:58 AM

The remote for my 1804 has a button on the second row from the bottom labeled "dimmer". It dims or turns off the display on my receiver. It could be the same for yours.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Elliott Willschick

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit

• 333 posts

Posted January 03 2004 - 10:27 AM

Also, check to see if he put it into pure direct mode. Is is a rectangular button on the middle left hand side of the remote. This will give you the same thing you're seeing and will also cut off all video out from the receiver.
If this is your first night, you have to fight

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor

• 983 posts

Posted January 03 2004 - 12:27 PM

The 3803's dimmer button is on the front panel. I imagine that's the problem.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Paul_III

Paul_III

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted January 04 2004 - 03:11 AM

Thanks everyone!Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users