What's new

My horrifying movie going experience (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I know of a thread or two talking about bad experiences at the movies. I have one that takes the cake.

Last night my girl and I go see Big Fish. (Good movie but thats another thread).

We get to the theatre 10min before film starts and had a time trying to find two seats. Finally we get a couple right next to some old guy who was solo. She sits next to a partion and Im between her and old guy. The film starts and im noticing a smell from old dude. Its like a mix of BO and alcohol. Other than said smell he didnt bother me.

During the film my g/f and I were holding hands and cuddling a bit and the movie was engrossing me so I wasnt paying attention to old man till the following happened.

Halfway into the film security approached old man and asked him to come out with them. He refused and the security officer said no problem because Sheriff was on the way.

Old man then URINATES on the floor. I was in shock. It even sprayed on my pant leg and boot. My g/f started hugging my head and alerts security to move us which they did. We also got re-admits to a future movie. We missed about 5 to 10 min of the flick.

Jack Shappa

Second Unit
All I can say is I'm really sorry, I didn't think the spray would get anybody else. I forgot to wear my depends that day.

- Jack

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Malcolm,
I was shocked and nauseated from the smell right after. I have a weak stomach.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
What a crazy story Matt! All the more reason to trek out to a theater with comfy & spacious stadium seats.

Question though- why did the police hassle him in the first place? From the sounds of your story he pissed after he was approached.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Jesse,
It was at the Century on Arden and Ethan.

:laugh:

Scott,
He pissed whne approached, guard saw the whole thing.
He pissed; then I was pissed....on.

Chris Lynch

Stunt Coordinator
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

That is un-f***ing-believable. And this is a bad question and I don't quite know why I'm asking, but did he pee within the confines of his clothing, or did he, shall I say, "let it loose"?

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
That's just crazy! The last time I peed on someone during a movie, they didn't seem to mind! But then... we were MAKING a movie. I guess that's different. :D

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Shouldn't some of the audience "downhill" have gotton free passes also? :frowning:

AlexanderS

Second Unit
Why was the sheriff coming to take the guy away when he urinated after they showed up? Had he done something before hand to get him kicked out?

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I went to theatre on christmas day to watch big fish.. my friend and I went to it.. we tried to goto the 2:35 showing, and we went in.. but it was already full, so we had to goto the 4:35 showing. we went out for a while then come back for the 4:35 showing.. we didn;t have much a problem then.we got there early to get some good seats.. it did get full once the movie was getting started.. it was smaller then the other screen.

the good part of it was that we saw the spider-man 2 trailer on both screens.
JACOB

Jay Foster

Stunt Coordinator
Hey everyone,

I was laughing so hard reading this, I can barely type. This MUST be nominated for the funniest thread on HTF this past year.

Darko

Stunt Coordinator
I thought you were supposed to use a coat or something to save a seat:D
Then again, Matt, maybe the Old Guy was showing affection. My dog peed on my wife's leg once, and I know he liked her:D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks