What's new

Documentaries on DVD (1 Viewer)

Nathan Spillman

Auditioning
I'm looking for some interesting documentary titles that have been released on DVD. Based on experience in here, what are some of the best releases so far based on presentation, subject matter, and rewatchability?
Thanks in advance,
Nathan Spillman

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Carl Sagen's Cosmos series is on DVD. It is expensive because it's an 8-disc set, but well well worth it. and...
My god, it rules.
Plus, if your creepy like me, then you might enjoy
A&E's Serial Killers: Profiling the Criminal Mind.
For dinosaurs: When Dinosaurs Ruled (5-pack)
------------------
"I was born to murder the world." -Nix (Lord of Illusions)
My Home Page http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html

Kenneth

Supporting Actor
I have enjoyed "The Planets" and "Walking with Dinosaurs". The A&E sets are also quite nice. They currently have two volumes of Mysteries of the Bible and Civil War Journal. They recently released Ancient Mysteries which has Dragons, Atlantis, Camelot, and the Holy Grail as the episodes. Stephen Hawking's Universe is good, as is the previously mentioned Cosmos.
Cheers,
Kenneth

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Criterion has released the following three Maysles Bros. docs: Grey Gardens; Salesman; Gimme Shelter. Very highly recommended.
Criterion has also released the great docu on the Apollo missions, For All Mankind, and Flaherty's seminal silent, Nanook of the North.
From Docurama comes the Pennebaker classic Don't Look Back. I wrote a review of this one that can be found http://207.136.67.23/film/Reviews/Don't%20Look%20Back-final.htm
Link Removed
[Edited last by Al Brown on October 03, 2001 at 10:57 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks