What's new

iLinked PS2s on Widescreen tv using PIP (1 Viewer)

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
Hey,
I recently got the Toshiba 50h81 Widescreen HDTV. I was wondering if anyone was successful in hooking up 2 PS2s iLinked using Video1 for PS2a then using Split screen PIP for Video2 for the 2nd PS2. We were debating this at work today, and it seemed like a much better idea than using 2 tvs, and sounds pretty doable. Im still at work though, so I didnt get a chance to try it at home yet. (but I will tonight and update everyone if Im successful)
Thanks for any information!
------------------
- Jason
My DVD Collection | My Home Theater
"what ya got here is two people dragging a third..."

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
That,
Sounds like and idea, just remember that you'll probably be using the side-by-side PIP and this squishes the image horizontally. On my Mits set I can change the aspect ratio with the side by side and it corrects the horizontal squish, but the image is much smaller. It's like having two 20" TVs.
Troy
------------------
quote::My teacher tells me beauty is on the inside.
:That's just something ugly people say.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
On the Toshiba 50h81, the PIP mode presents 2 images of equal sizes, and are the original (4:3) aspect ratio. This should work - I can't see any reason why it wouldn't.
That said, there are a few things to consider. First, there will be no sound from the second image. Second, PIP doesn't work on the component inputs, so you are stuck with S-Video as the best option. Third (and this may be on my tv only), I cannot figure out how to adjust color, brightness, etc... for the PIP picture. It's super bright & the colors bleed. I short, I'd say the PIP image sucks. I'd be interested in hearing your results. (This tv is already being returned due to the vertical ghost line problem that affects some Tosh 50hx81's).
-Dave
------------------
DVD List

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I guess there are black bars when you do this?
That's the only way you can fit two 4:3 screens on a 16:9 without distortion.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Yup, light grey bars at the top & bottom, with small grey bands on the sides. Each image looks comparable to my old 27 inch, but I haven't been bored enough to measure. :)
-Dave
------------------
DVD List

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks