Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

What's wrong with DVD Empire

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Randy_M

Randy_M

Supporting Actor

• 682 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted December 28 2003 - 05:02 AM

Anyone know why Empire is a week behind for future titles? Two examples: 1. They have Ed Wood streeting 2/10 (Amazon says 2/3) 2. They say Postman Always Rings Twice (1946) streets 1/13, and it really comes out on 1/6 Hopefully this type of thing doesn't indicate their impending demise, as I always have ordered my catalog titles from them (the ones that the local B&M stores will almost assuredly not have)...
My DVDs

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt

Producer

• 4,207 posts

Posted December 28 2003 - 11:05 AM

My 7 year experience with them has shown that: A: You shouldn't get more than 1 source for a release date! B: Are you 100% sure that your other source is correct? C: Are you 100% sure that DVD Empire is wrong? Sorry for the attitude, but I have seen them both right and wrong on new release dates. With some I have searched out half-a-dozen different sites on 1 title, and have had Empire the only place with a release date of 1 week later than everyone else, only to have the other sites 'suddenly' make their corrections when it doesn't come out as they said. On the other hand, I once emailed them to let them know that a title they had coming out was 2 weeks before the actual release date. Empire lost in this case. Glenn

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   george kaplan

george kaplan

Executive Producer

• 13,064 posts

Posted December 28 2003 - 12:05 PM

Well it's well known that 1/6 is indeed the release date for Postman Always Rings Twice.
"Movies should be like amusement parks. People should go to them to have fun." - Billy Wilder

"Subtitles good. Hollywood bad." - Tarzan, Sight & Sound 2012 voter.

"My films are not slices of life, they are pieces of cake." - Alfred Hitchcock"My great humility is just one of the many reasons that I...

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Randy_M

Randy_M

Supporting Actor

• 682 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted December 29 2003 - 06:20 AM

Interesting that today (Monday) they have changed the release dates on each of the titles I mentioned to one week earlier than they previously had listed.
My DVDs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users