What's new

What's wrong with DVD Empire (1 Viewer)

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
Anyone know why Empire is a week behind for future titles? Two examples:

1. They have Ed Wood streeting 2/10 (Amazon says 2/3)

2. They say Postman Always Rings Twice (1946) streets 1/13, and it really comes out on 1/6

Hopefully this type of thing doesn't indicate their impending demise, as I always have ordered my catalog titles from them (the ones that the local B&M stores will almost assuredly not have)...

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
My 7 year experience with them has shown that:

A: You shouldn't get more than 1 source for a release date!
B: Are you 100% sure that your other source is correct?
C: Are you 100% sure that DVD Empire is wrong?

Sorry for the attitude, but I have seen them both right and wrong on new release dates. With some I have searched out half-a-dozen different sites on 1 title, and have had Empire the only place with a release date of 1 week later than everyone else, only to have the other sites 'suddenly' make their corrections when it doesn't come out as they said.

On the other hand, I once emailed them to let them know that a title they had coming out was 2 weeks before the actual release date. Empire lost in this case.

Glenn

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
Interesting that today (Monday) they have changed the release dates on each of the titles I mentioned to one week earlier than they previously had listed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks