What's new

OPERA recalled! Here's how to get a replacement! (1 Viewer)

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Done. I put in a - with the other 2 address sections I didn't need to use.
My copy is still playing fine, but who knows when people have been reporting that after they've played it with no problems, the 2nd (and/or more) times they play the disc, the problems begin to happen.
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
Matthew, that it indeed what I experienced. I have had two discs that played fine at first but crapped out when tried about 5 days later. The problem, in both cases, started at Chapter 13 (about 2 minutes into chapter) and can be repeated. Thanks for the tip on how to use the Anchor Bay form.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
And let the problems on the disc begin. UGH.
During chapters 16 and 17, the disc started to crap out, but when it got to chapter 18, everything was fine.
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Wes, I'm guessing you keep them. What could AB do with tons of defective discs?
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

DanL

Stunt Coordinator
Doesn't this just mean that ANYONE can say they got a defective copy and get a free movie? How are they intending to verify this, if at all?
That aside, this brings up the issue, can DVDs be recycled? (and I mean, in terms of the physicial disc itself)

That's the question I asked Michael Felsher of Anchor Bay during the chat tonight, he responded:
We took that into account Andrew, and we will be keeping a close eye on that potential problem. This was determined the best and most efficient way of handling this situation, and also caused the least amount of extra work for the consumers affected.
------------------
Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world into a slumber. Wake up!! An eye is upon you, staring straight down and keenly through, seeing all that you are and everything that you can never be. Yes, an eye is upon you, an eye ready to blink.
So face forward, with arms wide open and mind reeling. Your future has arrived... Are you ready to go?

Robert Spalding

Second Unit
I really hope that in light of this last week's events, that no one tries to take advantage of such a great company. I'm just surprised I actually found a copy of this great movie at Target of all places.
------------------
------------------
Sirdvd.com
Link Removed

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
Well, I just put in for my new disk. As a side note, you can just put spaces in the other 2 Address fields that you don't need. Kind of sloppy HTML programming, but I'm sure it was done in a hurry.
------------------
photo11.jpg

Adrian Jones

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
I screwed up and repeated my street address in the extra spaces. Hope I don't get 3 replacement copies--the guilt would kill me.
I think Anchor Bay deserves some praise for the way they're handling this.
Quite a contrast to Universal's runaraound re JP.
------------------
Steve S.
I prefer not to push the subwoofers until they're properly run in.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
...this is why I think that except for maybe FOX, AB is the greatest!
in spite of their mistakes...
Just rec'd my LE today, and having never seen it, Im just blown away...
------------------

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
quote: I really hope that in light of this last week's events, that no one tries to take advantage of such a great company.[/quote]
I guess your heart's in the right place but, honestly what do the horrible "events" of last week have to do with this topic of returning DVD's?
Slightly inappropriate I would say, nothing huge mind you but not really needed in this topic.
However that's just my opinion & it's no biggy.
------------------
-Kevin M.
"Have a good time all the time........that's my philosophy, Marty."
[Edited last by Kevin M on September 19, 2001 at 06:00 AM]

DanL

Stunt Coordinator
You could also just have a friend do the second copy for you and get it sent to their house. It would relieve you of the headache of dealing with a store, and it wouldn't be dishonest or anything if your eally did buy two copies.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
i can't get it to submit at all on there website jus keeps telling me All fields are required. Please correct and re-submit. Even when i have all field's filled out. anyone else having the same problem ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks