What's new

1967 Spider-man series? (1 Viewer)

Paul Pro

Stunt Coordinator
A few months ago there was talk about the classic Spiderman being renovated and digitally remastered.

As I recall it was unclear at the time wether this meant a DVD release or simply distribution for syndication.

Anyway has anyone heard anything new about this?

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
There hasn't been any official word, but with Spider-Man 2 hitting July 2 of next year, the DVD release can't be far off.

Claude North

Second Unit
ABC Family Channel ran a few episodes of this series during the summer of the big-screen version of SPIDER-MAN. I could be wrong, but the episodes appeared to be tampered with. For example, a scene in which a carload of crooks shoots at Spidey seemed to be edited to remove all visual representations of gun violence. Also, in several scenes, it appeared that animated bits were replaced with stills, over which the soundtrack was played.

Hopefully, if the series is given a DVD release, the episodes will be presented in their original broadcast form.

Paul Pro

Stunt Coordinator
Well I just hope they don't replace the music. The charm of the show would be lost which would make me angry.:angry:

William Waits

Stunt Coordinator
Quote:
Well I just hope they don't replace the music. The charm of the show would be lost which would make me angry
Que the music boys...

----------------
Spiderman, Spiderman, does whatever a spider can...

Spins a web, any size, catches thieves just like flies - LOOKOUT!

Here comes the Spiderman!
----------------

Now you just KNOW that once that damn song gets in your head, it will be a while before it gets out!!! I just love its charm, too!

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
----------------
Spiderman, Spiderman, does whatever a spider can...

Spins a web, any size, catches thieves just like flies - LOOKOUT!

Here comes the Spiderman!
----------------

Now you just KNOW that once that damn song gets in your head, it will be a while before it gets out!!! I just love its charm, too!

Damn you. It gets stuck in your head just reading it. I didn't even have to hear it.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Is he strong? Listen, bud...He's got radioactive blood!

In the still of the night, at the scene of a crime,
Like a streak of light, he arrives just in time!

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Quote:
Well, a few episodes are out on DVD

Yes, but these are not the renovated versions and show age. After seeing the comparison shots, I would love to have the remastered series on DVD, as long as they don't PC it.

Chris

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
If you access the "Spider-Man (1967)" entry at TVShowsOnDVD.com (here), and click on "DVD releases for this show", you'll see all the DVDs we're informed of that contain even 1 episode of that version of the series.

Right now that list is confined to 3 releases of the 1994 Spider-Man show, which only include 1 ep of the '67 show on each as a bonus item. Those three DVDs are available either separately or as a box set.

It would indeed be nice to have every ep of the 1967 show released on DVD organized around season sets (or at least focusing on that version of the show). Right now that doesn't seem to be happening, but you never know.

Chad: was it something I sang? :wink:

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit
I remember reading a post on comic book continuum about a year and a half ago regarding the 67 series, that the rights holder was in the process of restoring the series for an impending release around the Spiderman 2 theatrical release.

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
Chad: was it something I sang?

I've been singing that stupid song all day long. Unfortunately, I heard "It's a small world after all" on the radio, now that's in my head. I think I liked Spider-Man better.

William Waits

Stunt Coordinator
Speaking of which, I wouldn't mind having the Old Captain America that was on TV on DVD... I loved that show!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks