What's new

What Did Y'all Get For Christmas??? (1 Viewer)

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
I wanna brag!!!!!!!!!

I got a TDK DVD Burner and a buncha blank discs from my Sons.

My pets...2 dogs, a cat and a bird gave me:

Sinbad
Sleeping Beauty
On Golden Pond
Treasure Planet

From The Lovely Michelle I got a buncha stuff in my stocking and 2 Soft Serve Ice cream makers. One for chocolate and the other for vanilla. Now The ScootPlex 2000 can make milk shakes!!!
(I gotta thank Glenise for those..her link last year with the mini Hot Dog Cart led me to the company that makes this kinda stuff, plus I got the cart for Father's Day)

Ok..y'all's turn...

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
Santa brought me a 15 inch Powerbook G4 w/ Superdrive, 512 megs of RAM, 80 gig hard drive, backlit keyboard, Airport Extreme and Bluetooth, and a wireless keyboard. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
I'm not sure yet, gotta wait for the parents to wake up. Shouldn't this trend reverse when I'm almost 19?(nah :D )

CaseyLS

Second Unit
I got a Denon DVD910, the final two books of the LOTR series, Monster Component Cables and a few other assorted things. Unfortunately I haven't been able to use any of this yet. :thumbsdown:

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Santa will be giving himself

1 or 2 pairs of Athena AF-f2 speakers.

an APC battery backup ... for when he gets a projector:)

a Toshiba proscan DVD player.

Santa isn't quite sure what he'll get from his elves, but it usually goes towards Santas gifts for himself.

B

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
The book Fast Food Nation

A journal

A book full of paintings

$60 :D

I plan to buy the soundtracks to The Matrix Revolutions and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King with some of that $60, and maybe save the rest or buy a DVD while I'm at it.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Christmas very, very good to me this year.

From my wife: two 200GB HDs (400GB for Xmas!) and 3.5 USB 2.0 enclosures to install them in. A USB 2.0 4 port hub. 6 USB 2.0 cables. An AverMedia EZDVD Maker PCI card.

From my son: a Visioneer 7100 USB scanner.

From my sister in law: a Pinnacle PCTV Pro PCI card (for DVR recording on my PC!)

From my mother in law: The Firefly TV series DVD set.

Oh, and about 15 ties (I'm a school teacher), and a high capacity stapler for my desk.

For the family: an HP Laserjet 1012. A VTech 5.8 GHz base and cordless handset system, with an extra handset for upstairs.

Brion Lydon

Stunt Coordinator
DVDs

X-Men/X2 box set
The Hulk
Digital Video Essentials
Pirates of the Carribean
The Office

Xbox Games

The Return of the King
Spongebob Squarpants: Battle for Bikini Bottom

CDs

Limited Edition Return of the King soundtrack
Beatles: White Album

Dragon Ball Z Calander

Speaker stands for my front two speakers

Padme Amidala Christmas ornament

Huge CD/DVD holder

I think that is about all for now. I'm getting more presents today over at my Aunt's house.

Brion

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
DVDs:

Usual Suspects SE
Adventures of Robin Hood SE

CDs:
Rush - Hold Your Fire (Remastered)
Jars of Clay - What We Are Instead
Pirates of the Caribbean - Original Score

Other Stuff:
2 sweaters (jcrew and Eddie Bauer, respectively)
Pants
LotR: FotR Action Figures!:D
Gift certificates for a few stores

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
My nice little package...

...along with some gift certificates to Best Buy (Buffy S5 here I come) and some little stuff.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
The Criterion Fassbinder trilogy and (in the mail) Ken Burn's Civil War from my wife. From the kids, a really cool portable milk shake maker and mug combined.

A fairly light Christmas presents-wise, but having said that, we've just moved house, and in the past few weeks we've bought a house (obviously), and as early Christmas presents, four new chairs, two chests, five bookcases, a portable TV with integrated DVD player, a second computer (to keep the kids out of our hair), a new patio, two futons, two new mattresses, a dishwasher, a fridge and a freezer. The joke is that I was on the radio just before Christmas being interviewed on 'has Christmas become too commercial?'.

Art Martinez

Stunt Coordinator
First off Happy Holidays to all.

Very good Christmas for me. The list:

Got for myself a Memorex MMP8500 MP3/WMA player with FM tuner. 128 Meg with expandable SD slot.

From Santa: Uniden TRU 5885-2 5.8 gigahertz phone with answering machine and caller ID. Also comes with second remote handset and base. VERY COOL PHONE!:D

DVD: The Negotiator
DVD: Seven Samurai (Criterion)
DVD: 2 Pack National Lampoons Animal House (Double Secret Probation Edition) / The Blues Brothers (Collectors Edition)

The Lord of the Rings: Weapons and Warfare by Chris Smith

007 James Bond Movie Poster 2004 Calender

Very Good Christmas Indeed!

MattBu

Stunt Coordinator
I got:

The Matrix DVD (Am I the last person officially to own this DVD?)

A Rocket ELT-1 Center Channel speaker (It sounds like God's mouth)

2 pair of Khakis

The 5th book in the Dark Tower Series by Stephen King

Some German Chocolates from my sister and brother in law who live in Germany

A plug-in Air Ionizer for my car (Thankfully, because I smell)

Some Socks (From Hannukah Harry)

$35

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
Quote:
The book Fast Food Nation good book, especially with the recent devlopnents in washington state. and i am anticipating sopranos season 4 from my gf :)

CJ

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
The highlight of my Christmas so far (because I have several "XMas after XMas" getogethers with friends where we do gift swaps after the 25th, due to the fact that we often have to venture far from each other to visit family during this time):

Gamecube w/ Zelda disc, 2 additional controllers, Mario Party 5, Mario Kart DD, and Super Monkey Ball (this was a gift from me to the girlfriend and she back to me - she loves all things Mario and never played w/ any of the games on my XBox).

Guess what I've been doing all day... :D

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
Since I always seem to buy the latest toys (HT gear, games, movies, music, computer stuff, etc) for myself, my family got me what I always neglect to buy: clothes. It makes me think, though. Shouldn't this be the other way around? I guess I could care less about running around in ratty clothes while I have a sweet HT setup, but at least my family has things figured out for me. :)

Merry Christmas everyone ... and don't let all the new toys keep you from remembering what Christmas is really about.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
What I got for hanukkah was:

Bedroom home theater:
Jvc receiver
Jvc Dvd player
Jbl N-series all around

pc:
Dvd burner
wireless keyboard & mouse
clone dvd/any dvd

dvds:
Alien Quadrilogy (was $90 sheesh)
Pirates of the Carribean
Bruce Almighty

poster:
another Scarface poster (huge 6'x3')

Very happy(even though I wish I could've received a projector and screen, but I'm not complaining ;) )

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks