What's new

I hope LOTR is NOT infinifilm (1 Viewer)

Rob Robinson

Second Unit
rush hour 2 made me think of NewLine and the handling of the infinifilm brand.
don't get me wrong, i love the infinifilm line, but I hope when Peter Jackson's epic comes out, they give it the classier platinum treatment that Boogie Nights and Magnolia got.
I hope we get three paper case double discs for each part of the trilogy, released as the movies come out, with the 3rd being treated like JP- available as a box with an extra disk (or an extra 2 disk :)), but with an option to mail in for the sleeve and supplements if you've been collecting all along.
I just think LotR is too classy to be crammed inside the silver infinifilm case.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
My wife will take these films in a bloody Orc's battle helmet, as long as she get's 'em and they work! :)
I'm sure that New Line will give these the treatment they deserve. Right now, this trilogy is practically the franchise. Not to disparage any other releases from them, but the thunder from that trilogy is so loud it's almost drowning out everything else!...
laugh.gif

------------------
DAVE/Memphis
WeThePeople.jpg

[Edited last by Steve Tannehill on September 30, 2001 at 03:42 AM]

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Let's start a petition over in the Studio Feedback section.
laugh.gif

------------------
As for the bad rap about the characters--hey, I've seen space operas that put their emphasis on human personalities and relationships. They're called "Star Trek" movies. Give me transparent underwater cities and vast hollow senatorial spheres any day. --Roger Ebert on The Phantom Menace

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I don't konw... I think a lot could be done using the Infinifilm format... Thirteen Days had direct connections to the actual historical events, FotR could have direct quotes and passages from the book that you could bring up as the related scene comes up. Plus, atleast then it would be in a keepcase rather than a dreaded snapper :)
------------------
My DVD Collection
My Preorders
My Wishlist

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
No way do I want this film trilogy as Infinifilm releases. I'd love to have a 24/96 DTS, or DTS-ES Discrete track with classy two disc set as Se7en received and now looks like Rush Hour 2 will get as well. Disc One should only have the best audio and video on it, disc two can have the supplements.
Dan
------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!
[Edited last by Dan Hitchman on September 30, 2001 at 11:34 AM]

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit
Well I think that Lord Of The Rings will be a Infinifilm Edition.
New Line spoke on Studio Day that they had good reactions from the public and that they will continue the line next
year with more releases.
Somehow I am affraid that Lord Of The Rings will be an Infinifilm Edition.
Just a hunch
crazy.gif

------------------
There is another world....The DVD WORLD !!

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
The only Infinifilm DVD I've had the chance to view is Blow, and I didn't care for extras being incorporated into the movie, is that the way all these Infinifilm DVDs are done?
------------------
Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation
http://apacure.org/

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
I'm expecting to see this released in the same form as Se7en and Magnolia.
Assuming boxoffice and critical success, for marketing reasons - New Line would be wise to release this as a 2-disc set.
I don't think New Line has an Epic film in their catalog - so they have to differentiate this title from their other titles... perhaps giving it the same push as other studio's have with their Epics (ie. Lawrence of Arabia, Forrest Gump, etc).

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know if we will see the longer Director's Cut Peter Jackson promises already on the first release or do we have to wait until all movies are shown (2004)? It would certainly be more profitable for NewLine if they wait with the DC and release the theatrical versions first.
------------------
-Dominik Dröscher ICQ: 25318265
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes."

Rob Robinson

Second Unit
I heard from a pretty good source that NewLine is basically betting the farm on the success of this franchise.
If I had to guess, I would assume they would take a 'cost is no object approach' to the disc and do it up like Seven or Magnolia, and make sure that technically it's cooler than Shrek, or Pearl Harbor, or whatever else is out in front at the time.

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
I'm not too worried about this... I'd rather see the movies get its own SE brand instead of infinifilm or platinum, but since we'll get at least 2 DVD versions of each movie (PG-13 and R rated), I'm not too concerned...
------------------
~ Stud. Polyt. ~ Artur Meinild ~

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks