What's new

Mains aren't shielded but I have to put them next to the TV. Any Suggestions? (1 Viewer)

AlexanderS

Second Unit
Ive got an Acoustic Research HC6 set. I was reading the manual last night and it states that the mains aren't magnetically sheilded. My problem is that I don't have the minimum 12" room that they advise. I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion on what to do. Is there a way to limit or eliminate the interference? Thanks.

Dave_vega

Stunt Coordinator
well I had the same problem as you and I just used bucking magnets from madisound..seemed to work quite well for me, but I don't know what the general consensus on this board is on them..cheap way to do it though..you can get them from madisound

Chuck Schilling

Stunt Coordinator
Bucking magnets? That sounds kinda scary to me. Won't that interfere with the magnetic field of the woofer and possibly affect the throw of the cone?

Ken Custodio

Second Unit
Do you get interference on your TV when place the speakers as far away from the TV as possible with your room? I used to have my Paradigm Studio 100's (which I dont think are shielded) next to my 32-inch tube tv and it didnt seem to bother anything, they were prolly 6-inches away. But now I have a rear projection HDTV and that also helps :D

Dave_vega

Stunt Coordinator
chuck..from what i've heard it doesn't affect the speaker at all..it may lower the Qts slightly and/or raise the efficiency by 1 db or so..I have not notice a difference in sound from my CV LS-10's and I bucked the 10" woofers and the 6.5 mid..

generally all they really do is pull the stray gauss, so you won't get interference in your TV..other than bucking magnets you could get Nu-metal foil..but the cost will be greatly increased..it's all up to you..but I have had 0 negative experiences with bucking magnets and my ls-10's and I can put them wherever I want to in relation to my TV..

AlexanderS

Second Unit
Actually, I havent even fired them up yet. I did figure out a configuration but it involves me screwing with my sub placement. Im going to post in Tweaks. Thanks for the help guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks