What's new

BUFFY on 1/15/02 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
After a nearly one-year delay, Fox will be releasing Buffy The Vampire Slayer: The Complete First Season on January 15th.
The set will come with fullscreen transfers (the show was shot in 16mm for the first year), English and French DD 2.0 surround audio, Joss Whedon audio commentary on "Welcome to Hellmouth", three "Joss Whedon Talks" interviews on six episodes, an interview with Whedon and actor David Boreanaz (Angel), the original pilot script, a still gallery, DVD-ROM material and a trailer. The 3-disc set retails for $39.95.
------------------
webmaster davisdvd.com
International Exclusives

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
John,
Season One was only half a season. I think there were 12 episodes.
How many discs is the European version of the set?

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
The R2/R4 sets were also 3 discs, Ken.
I was really hoping Fox would clear up those nasty legal rights surrounding the unaired 30 min. pilot, but I guess there's no such luck this time around... Darn Bizarro Willow...
------------------
My DVD list | My personal site

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Are the extras the same as the R2 DVDs or are they completely different? I am definitely buying this set but I would like to have all the extras available out there for the first season. :)

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
So someone else do the math...when does S1 end syndication on FX? Then we can probably figure out when to expect S2 (though I guess late summer / early fall would be most likely?)
JQ

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Excellent news!
Please don't flame me for this, but I've never seen the show all the way through until FX started to show them in syndication. Which is to say, one episode so far. :)
I've been pretty impressed with the pilot episode and the various bits and pieces I've seen on the WB channel. If the recent Simpsons: Season One box set (also released by Fox) is any indication, this looks like a killer set. Can't wait.
------------------
Have you ever noticed anyone driving slower than you is an idiot? And anyone driving faster than you is a maniac!! - George Carlin
ICQ: 55259446 (or just search for "John Shaft"...can you dig?)
[Edited last by Kevin Leonard on September 26, 2001 at 03:37 PM]

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
The first season should wrap up on FX on October 9th. Assuming a September 29/30 start for syndication, the first season would finish on the weekend of December 15/16, but some stations appear to be waiting until some time in October to kick off its syndicated run. Here, at least, the first season is airing on Saturday, with season 3 episodes airing Mondays at midnight.
------------------
My DVD list | My personal site

Vincent Matis

Second Unit
Real Name
Vincent Matis
Are the extras the same as the R2 DVDs or are they completely different
All R2 extras are also on R1. R1 has an add'l feature:
* Three "Joss Whedon Talks" interviews on six episodes. These were not on the R2 version.
BTW, the "an interview with Whedon and actor David Boreanaz" is a lame 3 min. interview.
The commentary offers a great insight into Buffy production...
Vincent
------------------

AFI Top 100 Films Home Theater Forum Challenge

AFI Movies Left To Watch: 34 33 32 31 30: Sound Of Music (3.5 out of 4)

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
More than likely 'Joss Whedon Talks' is the same breif interviews at the end of the Season 1 VHS collection. I believe the episodes he will talk about will be 'Welcome to the Hellmouth', 'The Harvest', 'The Witch', 'Angel', 'Never Kill a Boy on the First Date', and 'Prophecy Girl'...I think those are the ones he talks about on the VHS set.
Is there any mention of the booklet that came with the R2 set coming with the R1? And will this set be the 'Book-like' set like S2 and 3 (R2) or the 'Cross'?
JQ

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Prophecy Girl isn't on VHS. The three S1 US tapes have Welcome to the Hellmouth, The Harvest, Angel, Puppet Show, The Witch, and I can't remember the last one, but it is definitely not Prophecy Girl.
So, when can we place our pre-orders for the set?
Deborah
------------------

Peter D

Stunt Coordinator
Here's a question for you Buffy fans - I just watched the 1st episode on FX the other day and found the picture to be REALLY dark. Not just for mood, but all over - I had to crank up the brightness bigtime. Is this indicative of the way the show was shot or just poor presentation on FX's part?

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
That is just due to the channel I think.
I saw some dvd rips from the region 2 dvd's on my computer and they do look a bit dark, but I bet the DVD's will look much better in their original form.
On video it was
Welcome to the Hellmouth/The Harvest
The Witch/Never kill a boy on the first date
Angel/Puppet show
I am pretty sure those were the only ones on video for the 1st season.
Also, I think someone did the math and it would end up May 22 2002 for season 2, assuming 1 a week.
But I think that each station is choosing to air them in different order, and the agreement is that they have ____ amount of time to air what they want before the boxsets come out, or something like that.
So just because one station isn't showing Season 2 reruns right away, I don't think that means we'll have to wait forever for them to show up on DVD.
Now with the first set announced, assuming they do them one season every six months...
Season 2 June/July 2002
Season 3 December 2002/January 2003
Season 4 June/July 2003
Season 5 December/Jaunuary 2004
I hope. We'll know if they plan on doing them one every 3, 4, 5, 6 months whenever they put out season 2.
I just do hope they can put them out as soon as possible.

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
Uh, could a mod change the header to read BUFFY on 1/15/02 ?
wink.gif

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Buffy Season 1 is fairly dark, I didn't see it so I can't be positive(on FX that is). The discs are identical to the R2s except that apparently the packaging will be the "Book" style found on the R2 Season 2 and 3. That way the packaging matches
Jeff Kleist

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
On F/X...
Season 1 should finish by October 9th (since it started airing on Sept. 24th) (at 5 eps per week, excluding weekends). (12 eps)
Season 2 should start on October 10th and should conclude by Nov. 8th. (22 eps)
Season 3 should start on Nov. 9th and should conclude by Dec. 10th. (22 eps)
Season 4 should start on Dec. 11th and should conclude by Jan. 9, 2002. (22 eps)
Season 5 should start on January 10th of 2002 and should conclude by Feb. 11, 2002. (22 eps)
I think this should be the schedule if F/X keeps it consistent. And then it should repeat again like all syndicated shows do.
---
At least the DVD is coming out by Season 5 of the syndication, which means we can see Season 2 and 3 not too far off for year 2002. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks