What's new

My XBox Birthday blowout! (1 Viewer)

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Hey gang!

Well, just celebrated my 35th, and apparently everyone I know is an XBox fan. Lucky me!

Got a wireless Xbox adapter. Got LIVE (w/MechAssault). Got Rainbow Six 3 and Midway Arcade Treasures. (My wife also got D&D Heros...her b-day is on the 28th.)

So, I just had to yell my excitment to everyone! :D

Man, is Rainbow 6 ever amazing! I thought the single-player with voice-command was cool... till I played a quick co-op game on Live. Man...

Then sitting there playing "Defender" and thinking... my... we've come a long way in the past 15-20 years.

Now I just gotta create one of those gamertag sigs... ;) EDIT: Just did. :D

WOOOHOOOOO!!!

Who's up fer some Rainbox action? ;)

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Oh THANKS Dean. ;)

Actually, I asked my wife if I could have my mid-life crisis now, or if I had to wait. ;)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Congrats Tony!

In a month I will enter the realm of the thirty-somethings. I will console myself by loading up on videogames and pretending that I'm still twenty-something. :)

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Nice. :emoji_thumbsup: My wife bought my Xbox for me for the Christmas just after launch. For what she paid you could now get an Xbox (with Controller S), Knights of the Old Republic, MechAssault, an Xbox Live kit, and another 2-4 games (depending on the release). The constant march of technology.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Thanks guys. :)

I hear ya Jay! I bought mine shortly after launch too... so I feel the pain. ;)

Also felt the pain playing Rainbow Six on Live last night... man... I gotta practice! :laugh:

Alanna

Second Unit
I dropped like $400 plus on my XBox buying spree. It was right after the price drop a few months after the system had been out and got four games for it on my "day one" - Gunvalkyrie, DOA3, Rallisport and Jet Grind Radio Future. It was like Xmas, in spring...ahhh memories. Only now I feel like a dork because all those games are dirt cheap now (Gunvalkyrie $7.50 or 8.50 new at Target, ARGH) and well, it just makes ya feel like a putz. But then again I've been enjoying my system for a LONG time now... its worth it. No online stuffz for me though.. I just don't get the whole console online thing.

BradleyS.

Stunt Coordinator
Congrats on your gifts. I hear ya on rainbow 6, it's an awesome game. I dont do to great on it because im used to the run and gun style of halo, boy is rainbow different!

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
I hear ya there Bradley! Very different. I need to practice more... I'm getting my butt handed to me online! :laugh:

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
I just rented RS3 and been trying to get thru the single player levels. I tried Live but I can't seem to get some of the controls phat down. I don't have the manual for the game and was wondering if there is a site I can pan thru it. A partcular one is how to switch teams on Live.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Eric, I believe you just hit 'Y' while in the lobby between rounds to switch teams.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Thanks Tony, but I braved a room and they were good enuff to tell me how to do it. Lots of fun this game especially the coop games.

Jeff Holton

Stunt Coordinator
Speaking of learning how to make a gamertag sig... can you tell me how to do it...? I've been wanting to do it myself.

Sergey M

Stunt Coordinator
Congrats Tony. I'm almost there myself. :) Send me a PM if you wanna play RS3 sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks