Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Treasure Hunt!!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   john davies

john davies

Stunt Coordinator

• 122 posts

Posted December 22 2003 - 01:59 AM

I've prepared 2 Christmas treasure hunts for you. Here's the easier one. First letter of each answer gives the place of departure, for the buried gold. 1. Kenji's cruel slave-driver splits mother and children. 2. Williams' genie out of Disney's bottle 3. Ship rats and silent Max sound frightful. 4. Klaus' jungle boat haul is no soap opera. 5. Anderson's presidential mount? 6. Such a nice girl in Montmartre 7. Hitchcock's infamous Cary on in Brazil. 8. Depardieu noses ahead. 9. ,no buts..'68 was a revolting school year 10.With deadly sins, your number's up. 11.Charlie's tramp boxes for the gift of sight. 12.Leone's harmonica is no fairytale. From here, if you're head's not spinning too much and you're a person of principle, take Hitchcock's thrilling direction for nearly 200 miles and.. you've found it!

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 18,325 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted December 22 2003 - 02:50 AM

So if I have several of the answers but not all of them am I encouraged to post what I have and work as a group? Sam

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

HTF Rules

Classified Sales Rules

UV Sales New Clarifications

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   john davies

john davies

Stunt Coordinator

• 122 posts

Posted December 22 2003 - 04:42 AM

Sounds like a good idea. I'm sure that should entitle you to a share, as noone else has got it yet.

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   Kevin_Spradley

Kevin_Spradley

Stunt Coordinator

• 172 posts

Posted December 22 2003 - 06:49 AM

I too would like to work in a group, as I know a couple of them, but they are probably the easy ones. Would like to help on the others. Kevin

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   john davies

john davies

Stunt Coordinator

• 122 posts

Posted December 22 2003 - 06:52 AM

Alternative clues. 1. Mother and son's beach reunion in Mizoguchi masterpiece. 2. Magic lamp gets Jafar animated. 3. Silent Vampire horror based on Stoker 4. Herzog and Kinski at it again in Brazil. 5. What's the hurry, Murray? 6. Tautou's a selfless waitress 7. Ingrid married a Nazi? 8. He has a nose for Roxanne 9. Fi! Cannes winner returns to British school. 10. No cop out ending for Brad and Morgan. 11.The end's in sight for Chaplin's flower girl. 12.Fonda turns bad for Spaghetti.

#6 of 12 OFFLINE   john davies

john davies

Stunt Coordinator

• 122 posts

Posted December 22 2003 - 07:00 AM

By all means work as a group; seems like everyone's either stuck or too cagey. When you've enough answers for the point of departure, an atlas or map, and a little science may help find the gold.

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   Kevin_Spradley

Kevin_Spradley

Stunt Coordinator

• 172 posts

Posted December 22 2003 - 07:04 AM

I think I have the destination point, I am not familar on how to use spoiler tags, maybe I can send a private message to someone who wants to work as a team. I will admit, I did not decipher all of the clues, but enough of them to lead me to a city.

please email me at kevin.spradley@sycoleman.com

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   Kevin_Spradley

Kevin_Spradley

Stunt Coordinator

• 172 posts

Posted December 22 2003 - 07:10 AM

john davies, I sent you a pm

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   john davies

john davies

Stunt Coordinator

• 122 posts

Posted December 22 2003 - 08:39 AM

Sorry, just been out. Yeah well done, you got it first time round- you might as well shout it out here!

#10 of 12 OFFLINE   john davies

john davies

Stunt Coordinator

• 122 posts

Posted December 22 2003 - 09:25 AM

Kevin found the gold in private. Well done. The answer was Eureka, which is about 200 miles North North West of San Francisco. The answers were; S ansho the Bailiff (wonderful film) A laddin N osferatu F itzcarraldo R ushmore A melie N otorious C yrano de Bergerac I f S e7en C ity Lights O nce Upon a Time in the West Not many takers on this hunt. Hope it wasn't a let down. Fancy another- a real voyage of discovery- tomorrow? Or in the meantime, feel free to create your own treasure hunt.

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   Kevin_Spradley

Kevin_Spradley

Stunt Coordinator

• 172 posts

Posted December 23 2003 - 12:17 AM

As I mentioned before, I only solved enough clues to figure out the starting point. The only ones I solved were 2,3,5,7,8,10. As I mentioned earlier, the easy ones. john: This was fun, it kept me from doing work.

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   john davies

john davies

Stunt Coordinator

• 122 posts

Posted December 23 2003 - 03:24 AM

Well, i'm glad someone enjoyed it. But are you up to the next, more interesting "Treasure Island" adventure i'm about to do a new thread on?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users