-Not Logged In-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

interconnect upgrade for SACD?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   ericLee

Stunt Coordinator

• 135 posts

Posted December 21 2003 - 02:42 PM

I got a Pioneer 563a and have been using it for a month now. I thinking of getting new cables. right now i'm using 1 AR digital cable, 1 AR video cable and 2 sets of throwaway cables for the other 4 channels, I know not only are they very low end cables they also don't match at all. (the AR is the lowest lines they make). I think even the skeptics would agree that a cable ugrade is needed even for my lower end reciver setup (harman Kardon 525) But I'm looking at the options and anything decent from blue jeans cables or other places is at least half the cost of the SACD player, Do you think that it would be worth it to upgrade? Would there be benifits for even my system?

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   JohnMW

Second Unit

• 283 posts

Posted December 21 2003 - 03:06 PM

Blue Jeans has a no hassle 30 day return (less shipping) so try out their 6ch audio cables and see if you can "hear" the difference. Personally I use the Blue Jeans Belden 89259 Coax for all of my analog audio cables.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Mark Rich

Mark Rich

Second Unit

• 457 posts

Posted December 22 2003 - 06:09 AM

I'd look into RS or AR for the audio cables. The Belden 89259 cable with Canare connectors does not offer any performance upgrade over a cheap retail cable. If you want decent performance from this cable then you would have to get into decent connectors from Bullet, Vampire, Cardas etc.. Zucable (Pil series) or if you don't mind a zero return policy Outlaw may be worth a look.
"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 11,128 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted December 22 2003 - 06:30 AM

I'm using two sets of high quality component video cables. Works out cheaper than the multichannel sets sold on Blue Jeans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users