What's new

interconnect upgrade for SACD? (1 Viewer)

ericLee

Stunt Coordinator
I got a Pioneer 563a and have been using it for a month now. I thinking of getting new cables. right now i'm using 1 AR digital cable, 1 AR video cable and 2 sets of throwaway cables for the other 4 channels, I know not only are they very low end cables they also don't match at all. (the AR is the lowest lines they make). I think even the skeptics would agree that a cable ugrade is needed even for my lower end reciver setup (harman Kardon 525) But I'm looking at the options and anything decent from blue jeans cables or other places is at least half the cost of the SACD player, Do you think that it would be worth it to upgrade? Would there be benifits for even my system?

JohnMW

Second Unit
Real Name
John
Blue Jeans has a no hassle 30 day return (less shipping) so try out their 6ch audio cables and see if you can "hear" the difference.

Personally I use the Blue Jeans Belden 89259 Coax for all of my analog audio cables.

Mark Rich

Second Unit
I'd look into RS or AR for the audio cables.
The Belden 89259 cable with Canare connectors does not offer any performance upgrade over a cheap retail cable. If you want decent performance from this cable then you would have to get into decent connectors from Bullet, Vampire, Cardas etc..
Zucable (Pil series) or if you don't mind a zero return policy Outlaw may be worth a look.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'm using two sets of high quality component video cables. Works out cheaper than the multichannel sets sold on Blue Jeans.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks