Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Noob-need help with cables

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   JohnRan

JohnRan

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted December 21 2003 - 09:26 AM

this is a good forum-but I am confused. I have an Onkyo HT760-my question-how do I hook up? -I have an older VCR,basic cable,TV w/componet inputs- I want to use the VCR to playback movies(TV sound would be ok,but would prefer to use home stereo speakers which will be connected to the "B" setting on the receiver.I have (1) componet cable now and an optical cable- I was told to connect the DVD player to the TV with the componet cable and to connect the DVD player to the receiver with the optical cable. The cable(no convertor)would go to VCR and connect to TV from there.For sound,run RCA pins from VCR to aux. on receiver.Will this work? There will be no game systems connected to this.Thanks in advance.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles

Producer

• 4,791 posts

Posted December 21 2003 - 11:50 AM

That sounds like one way to set it up. It should work that way just fine. In fact my stereo is set up in the same fashion, except sans the DVD player. (in the tv room mind you).