What's new

Hdtv Sattelite/antenna Question (1 Viewer)

RichJO

Auditioning
I have a hdtv ready television with a Hughes hd receiver and a good OTA antenna. The antenna and the satellite feed to the Hughes. I subscribe to Direct TV with local channels and receive local channels through the antenna. My question is, shouldn't I receive high definition local stations on my tv, both from the antenna and the satellite? Whenever a local broadcast is shown in HD my picture is beautiful but breaks up constantly. Not good when I'm having a Super Bowl party. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Rich

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Your DBS provider may offer local channels but not necessarily their high-def counterparts. That's why you need the antenna. And, depending on your location, you may or may not get a good signal. If the OTA signal is weak, or you're in a poor situation vis. line-of-sight, the image will be prone to break up.

John S

Senior HTF Member
What antenna are you using??
Amplified indoor work good, outdoor better, outdoor amplified even better. Indoor unamplified, is probably not going to cut it for very many people right now.

What area are you in?
Your particular area can have a lot to do with how many and how well you reciever HDTV OTA.

In Denver, I am pretty lucky, as I get 6 channels, with a powered indoor antenna, stability can vary on different days even though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks