What's new

Newbie question!!! (1 Viewer)

Bill Morgan

Auditioning
I have never had a HT before and I just bought the Onkyo HTS760 HTIB & the Onkyo DVCP701 DVD player. My questions is what is the best way to hook this up to a 50" Mitusbishi big screen w/directtv/tivo satellite w/ dual LNB antenna. My big screen does have component capability, the satellite receiver does not. Is there a website that explains the various ways to hookup? Thanks for your help.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I'd suggest starting with our Beginner's Primer and FAQ. Use the link in my signature.

M.

Tim K

Second Unit
For video:
Use component cables to connect your DVD player to your TV. Use the best connection possible for your sat receiver to your TV. If it has S-video use that, if not then use the yellow RCA video cable.

For Audio:
Connect the DVD player to your HTB via either digital Optical (toslink) or digital Coaxial. Use the best connection possible for your sat receiver to your HTB. Use digital optical or coaxial if possible, if not use RCA (red and white) from your sat to your HTB.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks