What's new

Photo of Ghost in the Palace? (1 Viewer)

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I wonder how many loons actually see something like this and believe ghost exist.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
One thing I've always wondered about ghosts is how they get their clothes. Are the clothes also ghosts? Is there a wardrobe department for the ghosts? Is it clothes they were particularly fond of when they were alive?

The ghost in this picture seems to have a pretty good coat, covering most of its body, and also the head. It seems a tad bit unnecessary for a ghost to wear a hood like that, since they can't really get cold (I assume).

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
Hauntings happen different ways. One of the theories about how apparitions work is that intense psychic energies are absorbed by surrounding materials and then those intense moments are "played back" when the conditions are right. It goes to explain why most ghosts don't seem to notice when people are around and why they repeat the same things over and over again, usually some moment of intense distress or other emotion. Stone with a high quantity of silica in it seems to be one of the best receptors though woods and metals can do the same thing (so the theory holds).

Do ghosts need to use doors? Likely not. But if the doors are part of the haunting then the movement of the door would be part of the playback. Clothes and other personal articles are seen because they are between the body and the recording objects at the time the recording occurs.

Not all ghosts are flimsy, whispy apparitions. Plenty appear quite solid and just as life-like as a real person. Like any recording, the quality of the recording is variable.

It is one thing to doubt the existance of ghosts but to slam the door on any possibility isn't being objective.

Science may not yet have the ability to duplicate ghostly phenomena under scientific means but just because we can't doesn't mean ghosts are an impossibility. Proving a negative is just about the hardest thing to do in any rational pursuit of Truth; ghosts will exist in the human psyche until the end of humankind or until some answer is discovered by science.

Remember, Lister was laughed-at when he tried to explain that invisible microbes were causing infections and disease until science discovered a way to see them.

As to this picture, I don't know what it is but I hope the administrators of the palace will allow sincere investigation by scientists.

BrianShort

Supporting Actor

I dont think any real scientists would be interested in this. ;) Maybe they could call those Ghost Investigation Service people that are on Coast to Coast AM all the time playing back the audio recordings they make of ghosts! Which leads me to ask, how can a cheap tape recorder pick up something our ears cant? :D

Brian

MattBu

Stunt Coordinator

I don't appreciate your sarcasm, I happen to know for a fact that Dr. Peter Venkman is very interested in this case.

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
This story has had some decent coverage on UK TV. The footage really is very spooky indeed because the doors are seen several times opening on their own, without the ghostly figure there. The security guards were first alerted by the door alarms going off and apparently one of the guests to the house said they thought they'd seen what might be a ghost in that same part of the building earlier in the day.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
One time I found a door open in my house that I didn't open! You think CNN would be interested in it? I mean it's iron clad proof.

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
This is easy. Based upon the description of the being,thing, whatever, it's clearly Michael Jackson.

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Nah, we got rid of him.

I take some comfort in the knowledge that if this ghost is real, it's probably been around longer than the country where all the naysayers in this thread come from :)

(actually, so has the building :))

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
Which serves to illustrate a point. Reality is subjective. In the UK I find that there's far more acceptance of ghosts than there is in the US. I've found people from all sorts of backgrounds, many very well educated, who either outright say there's something to ghosts, believe in them, or, at least, they're open to the possibility. King Arthur is in the same vein. Here it's taught as a myth with some possible historical basis but in the UK it's taught as history that isn't completely resolved.

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
Jason_Els: That's an interesting point. I don't know if it's true or not, but it wouldnt surprise me if it was. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that there are a lot more very old buildings in the UK. I think many people make a connection between ghosts and old historic buildings. I remember reading a story somewhere, where an experiment was done in an old historic building somewhere. One group of people was taken on a tour of the building, and the tour basically consisted of normal historical details about the building, architectural features, etc. and another group was taken through and was fed stories about people dying in the building, hauntings, and that sort of thing. Afterwards, both groups were questioned. The group that got the historic tour didn't report anything unusual, whereas the group that was fed the stories about hauntings reported strange events happening. My opinion on ghosts is that most of the time it's just our brains playing tricks on us, and the rest of the time it's variety of other natural phenomena, or hoaxes.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks