-

Photo
- - - - -

Profiler - Season 1 - Now Complete??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 Matt Naglieri

Matt Naglieri

Second Unit

• 283 posts

Posted December 19 2003 - 08:29 AM

At the beginning of December I had looked at the A&E website and the following information had been added to the description of the Profiler Season 1 boxset:

This collection includes 21 episodes from PROFILER's first season, available on DVD for the first time.

I sent an email to them inquiring wheter or not this was correct and today I received the following repsonse:

The information on the website is the correct information.

Thank you for shopping at The Official Online Store of A&E Television
Networks.

Online Customer Service
A&E Television Networks
Order online at http://ShopAETV.com
or call our toll-free phone number: 1-888-423-1212

#2 of 13 Matt Naglieri

Matt Naglieri

Second Unit

• 283 posts

Posted December 19 2003 - 09:29 AM

Never Mind, I've been informed there were actually 22 episodes in the first season and the information at A&E is misleading.

Moderator, since this thread has no purpose please delete or close it.

#3 of 13 Christian Preischl

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter

• 1,376 posts

Posted December 19 2003 - 09:31 AM

The 2 hour season finale "Venom" seems to count as two episodes, so it's still only 21 episodes out of 22.

EDIT: Perfect timing, eh? Posted Image

Chris

#4 of 13 Rick P

Rick P

Supporting Actor

• 691 posts

Posted December 19 2003 - 12:18 PM

from what I heard, one 1st season episode is not included because of some 'rights' issue, unknown if it's music or the guest star wanted too much money..

ah.. found the answer...

episode #4, "I'll Be Watching You," was omitted from this set due to prohibitively expensive music rights for the Police hit "Every Breath You Take," which featured prominently in that episode's plot.

#5 of 13 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,089 posts

Posted April 12 2009 - 06:08 AM

I've ordered a copy of this set from PlayUSA. Now I'm thinking I shouldn't buy it as an episode is missing.

Did A&E include the two Pretender crossover episodes in the season 3 and 4 sets?

#6 of 13 Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted April 12 2009 - 06:38 AM

Why should it? Back then, they weren't including crossover episodes from other shows.

#7 of 13 BobSchneider

BobSchneider

Second Unit

• 421 posts

Posted April 12 2009 - 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Naglieri
Never Mind, I've been informed there were actually 22 episodes in the first season and the information at A&E is misleading.

Moderator, since this thread has no purpose please delete or close it.

DOH!Posted Image
Q: Why do you care?

A: You'll never know.

#8 of 13 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,089 posts

Posted April 13 2009 - 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Talmadge
Why should it? Back then, they weren't including crossover episodes from other shows.

Not exactly a friendly response to my question.

#9 of 13 jamoon2006

jamoon2006

Stunt Coordinator

• 138 posts

Posted April 13 2009 - 05:38 AM

Too bad A&E didn't put out a Megaset with the Pretender eps, like they did with Homicide and Law & Order.

#10 of 13 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,089 posts

Posted April 13 2009 - 11:26 AM

You can buy a boxset of all four seasons of Profiler but I don't think they have the two Pretender episodes included in the boxset. It saves having to buy the season boxsets of The Pretender if the two episodes were made available with the Profiler: Seasons 3 & 4 boxsets.

#11 of 13 jamoon2006

jamoon2006

Stunt Coordinator

• 138 posts

Posted April 13 2009 - 12:19 PM

Quote:

A&E did include the cross-overs from Law & Order when they put out the Homicide megaset. With Profiler, it might have been an issue working out the details, but it had been done before.

#12 of 13 Cees Alons

Cees Alons

Executive Producer

• 18,616 posts

Posted April 14 2009 - 08:54 PM

Quote:
Why should it? ...
Oh, come on, Mark. You must be able to react in a nicer way than that. Posted Image

Cees

#13 of 13 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,089 posts

Posted January 08 2012 - 04:04 AM

Decided recently to get at least the first season of Profiler on DVD. Very unlikely I think, that the series will be released on Region 2 now. It was only shown once in the UK back in the late 90's/early 2000s, on Living TV (now called Sky Living). The last three seasons are still a bit over-priced though.

Profiler and The Pretender were both shown on NBC, but released on DVD in the US by different studios/distributors (A&E and NBC Home Entertainment, and 20th Century Fox respectively). The first crossover between both shows was in the 1998-99 season (the third season for both shows). Will have to get the Pretender Region 1 sets for the crossovers.

Nowadays, crossover episodes are normally included as bonus features on the DVD sets for series which crossover. Would the chances be unlikely, that Profiler and The Pretender would be re-released on DVD, or released on Blu-ray, with the crossover episodes included as special features:

The Pretender: Season 3 - the Season 3 episode of Profiler "Grand Master (Part 2 of 2)"

Profiler: Season 3 - the Season 3 episode of The Pretender "End Game (Part 1 of 2)" ?

Were both shows shot in standard definition or HD? Both series were released on DVD in widescreen from their second seasons onward. Remember The Pretender moving to widescreen with it's second season, and in the same season (the 1997-98 season) The X Files and Millennium changed to filming in widescreen as well.

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow