What's new

completed PGR2 Kudos World Series on platinum! (1 Viewer)

James_tango

Stunt Coordinator
I've completed KWS on platinum yesterday, and got a brand new TVR Cerbera Speed 12! :D This car is such a beast to tame.

I'm a happy camper.. :)

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
Wow, that is impressive. How long did it take you? I can't imagine being able to get all platinums. I'm struggling to get some of the golds!

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
I didn't think even that kid robot from D.A.R.Y.L. could beat this game on all platinums. Kudos to you! :D

MattBu

Stunt Coordinator
Congrats!! I'll officially being doing that...uh never. There are some courses I cant even get golds on :)

James_tango

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the kind words, gents. :)

It took me about a month to get platinums in all of 172 races in Kudos World Series. Yes, it was very difficult, but well worth the effort. :)

Most of guys on Live who use TVR Speed 12 got it using Action Replay rather than working for it, and I can beat them even with lowly Enzo.:D (There're only handful of people who has completed KWS on platinum difficulty level at the moment).

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Three words:

Ho.

Lee.

Shit.

Nice work - remind me to avoid you online. ;) You must have been howling once you completed the last race at Nurbergring (or however you spell that).

What is that anyway? I ended up in some lobby with my newly acquired Porsche GT1 and the little punks blamed me for using "Action Replay" and booted me out.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Jay,

Action Replay is a little device (docking station with a memory card) that you can hook up to your computer and download cheats or a saved game from someone else.

I bought one just so I could have the names of all players on NCAA 2004.

James_tango

Stunt Coordinator
You got booted because you had 911 GT1 ?? Geez... :frowning:

You get the 911 GT1 for completing KWS in silver, and this is not hard at all. I believe anyone can complete KWS in silver.

Action Replay for XBOX is not really a cheating device. It just allows you to transfer save files of XBOX titles using PCs. But IMHO, using it on such a great game is cheap though. People who got it using Action Replay can't handle the car.

Even though I completed KWS on platinum difficulty level, I am having hard time keeping TVR Cerbera Speed 12 on the track like the way I do with other Ultimate cars. The Speed 12 NOT easy. Very difficult to control... :frowning: I'm working to get used to it these days.

BTW, the Porsche 911 GT1 is a fantastic car! :)

Brian J Dupuis

Second Unit
I'm finally in the final 6 or so events of Ultimate series in the KWS at silver level. Well, I have about 7 golds and 3 platinums mixed in since I've been improving my driving a bit by progressing through and figured I could get some additional kudos going after the higher medals. The GT1 shall be mine! Though I am enjoying my little Enzo for now :).

I get so depressed when I see I have a Cone Challenge waiting for me... those are the only ones that really test my resolve. I'm just not a high enough precision driver. I'm getting better, but it's not something I'm good at or enjoy very much. Luckily, I'm down to one last cone challenge, for silvers at least. But then it's time for golds ;). I'll get platinum KWS and unlock that Speed 12 sometime in 2007.

James_tango

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, it's cone torture.

Learn how to make a link anytime with a quick application of the handbrake, feathering of the normal brake and counter steer after initiating a slight slide. The end result is a virtually straight slide with very little movement left or right.

Another tip I can give is to complete one lap of a cone challenge by going thru without any sliding. Don't worry, the object of this exercise is to estimate the time it takes to complete one lap. This will allow you to factor in for # of laps, long distances between cones and some link maneuvers and still remain on pace.

Another event which most people find difficult is 'Timed Run'.

With Timed Runs it's all about the LINE and making sure to keep powersliding and/or skidding to an absolute minimum. Powersliding slows cars down considerably.

Speed Cameras : My advice for the speed cameras is that you shouldn't necessarily aim for the standard racing line. Go in slow and make as long an acceleration line as possible.

Some food for thoughts, PGR2 rules! Easily the best racing game I've played so far. :)

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Controller S here as well. So far as the cone challenges those can be excrutiating. I've watched some ghosts where they've hit 20-30,000 kudos on a single run. Amazing. I find the cone challenges easier with the faster cars. Keeping the combo alive is always your goal. With the fast acceleration cars it's pretty easy to keep the string going simply by clearing the cone gates without a scratch, then at a corner doing a controlled slide and braking as necessary to avoid contact with anything, then speeding forward to hit the next cone gate. Long combos make all the difference in the world. I was beginning to think I would never make the 4,000 kudos challenge in ultimate silver then tried slowing down and controlling the corner slides - ended up with 6,500 kudos on that one. But that strategy relies on the really fast cars that can get to the next gate before the combo breaks. The slower cars force you to be in motion pretty much all the time.

MattBu

Stunt Coordinator
I would concur that for me the key to a cone challenge is just taking your time and keeping the combos alive. I will never approach the 20,000 kudos on a run level though, Im just not that "stylish" of a driver. I can keep a draft going for about 2 seconds, the best ghosts keep it continuously.

I've also noticed that those driving manuals as opposed to "automatics" have a HUGE advantage. I just cant keep track of that many buttons though.

MattBu

Stunt Coordinator
Jay-

I dont know if you've noticed but the cars aren't true automatics. Your little virtual driver shifts through the gears. So we're being unfairly punished.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks