Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Pyramid Foam Panels or DIY Acoustic Panels?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Shane Morales

Shane Morales

Second Unit

• 428 posts

Posted December 18 2003 - 08:25 AM

I'm wondering if the pyramid foam panels sold by partsexpress perform the same function(s) that DIY acoustic panels do.

I'm too lazy to do the DIY ones, plus I don't really like the way they look. I'm hoping the pyramid thingies will ge the job done. They're 3" thick, btw.

Pyramid panels:
Posted Image

DIY panels:
http://www.angelfire....tic_panels.htm
:::Shane
:::nineshadoweyes.com

#2 of 3 Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted December 18 2003 - 09:34 AM

Shane,

To be honest, I'm not really a DIY guy at all either, but I was able to make some panels from a 20' piece of fiber board (sold at Home Depot or Apex for $20) and black fabric from Wal-Mart (around $6). My wife helped me out for a few minutes and it only took like 45 minutes tops. To me, they came out looking great and have served the purpose immensely...my room sounds much better now.
"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

#3 of 3 warrenhenery

warrenhenery

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted November 06 2013 - 04:12 AM

Government and Municipal spaces such as Airports, Courtrooms, and Hospitals, Shooting ranges and indoor stadiums and gymnasiums all need soundproofing and using acoustic panels is the easiest solution. Buy <a href="http://www.mixmasteredacoustics.com/" rel="dofollow">Acoustic Panels</a> at Mix Mastered Acoustics. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users