What's new

"Freaks and Geeks" coming to DVD in April 2004 (1 Viewer)

Kipp Teague

Stunt Coordinator
from the official Freaks and Geeks web site:

Dear friends, The DVD for "Freaks and Geeks" is finally coming out this April. It would not have happened without your support. So, thank you for coming through again. We will be making an official announcement in January. Here's what I can tell you now--fans who sign up on this list will be able to purchase a special limited edition collector's version of the "Freaks and Geeks" DVD. It will contain all of the episodes plus an eighty page yearbook filled with photos and fun stuff from the show, plus more extras than you can imagine. And when I say more than you can imagine, I mean it. We saved everything and will make all of it available to our hardcore fans only through this website and its mailing list. So sign up if you haven't already, and tell your friends about it as well. We will e-mail as soon as it is available. I have been working my arse off putting it together and I am really excited to get it out there for you to enjoy. So, that's the news for now. Our dream is alive!

Rock on,
Judd Apatow

Gwon Chang

Stunt Coordinator
Good news. Just in time for my birthday! I haven't seen the shows since I lent out my ol' VHS tape to a friend 3 years ago!

Kipp Teague

Stunt Coordinator
I would like to invite Freaks and Geeks fans to visit my F&G web site, but current settings don't allow me to post a URL (until I have posted 15 times). The URL, if you want to put it together, is:

www "dot" retroweb "dot" com / freaksandgeeks "dot" html

:)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
This is great holiday news. Just wish there would have been more episodes produced. NBC really dropped the ball when they cancelled this series.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Alright, THE TV release of 2004. Can't wait for this and I'm glad that the loyal fans are getting rewarded.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
It seems the Chicago Tribune has published an article on the release of the F&G DVDs. I have no access to the original article, but it was posted here on the F&G message board. It mostly covers old ground, but there are a couple of interesting points.

That should be an interesting commentary to hear.

Judd also confirms that the episodes will be uncut with all the original music.

JohnAP

Second Unit
Probably the dvd I'm looking forward to most right now. I cannot wait to own this and I'm so glad they decided to get all the original music and just know that people will pay the extra price to have the show as it was meant to be, unlike Fox with the Roswell release. The extras sound fantastic too. This show deserves to finally get the treatment it deserved.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Wow, that seems like a pretty good price considering all the business about what a vast music budget the show had. I'll definitely be picking it up :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks