What's new

What happened to All in the Family 3rd Season and Law and Order 2nd Season? (1 Viewer)

Kipp Teague

Stunt Coordinator
All in the Family seasons 1 and 2 were released in March 2002 and February 2003 respectively. As I recall, announcements of these releases were made many months in advance. The lack of any announcement for season 3 seems ominous. Were sales of the first two seasons lackluster?

Likewise, "Law and Order - The First Year" was released on DVD well over sixteen months ago (the Amazon.com release date of Aug. 2003 is incorrect), but there is no word of a second season release. Additionally, the set included mention of a Spring 2003 release of the second season, but this never happened.

Any word on these titles, or any idea what's going on? Thanks.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Columbia seems to have a throw a dart on a board release strategy when it comes to their TV shows on DVD. Nothing has been announced for AITF season 3, but that doesn't mean it won't be out in march or so, it wasn't but a month ago that they announced the Critic and Dilbert for January and Good Times S. 2/What's Happening for February.

I still expect that you'll see season 3, if sales were so poor you wouldn't have seen a season 2, but don't try to figure out a pattern to Columbia releases, there isn't 1. Which is why we have 3 seasons of Sanford and Son and only 2 of All in the Family even though season 1 of AITF hit before Season 1 of Sanford and Son.

I don't know anything about Law and Order...but by posting the AITF standard response I hope to keep David Lambert's head from exploding...

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
And I suppose seeing another season of
Larry Sanders is probably out of the
question, eh?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Don't -- it's not good for my ego! :)

But, really, did Larry Sanders sell that
poorly that Columbia has nixed the idea of putting
out more seasons?

Sorry to hijack this thread with Larry Sanders, but
it does sort of tie in with Columbia product.

KevA

Stunt Coordinator
I would like to re-iterate Ron's question about Larry Sanders. This is a show that (for various reasons) I did NOT see any of on TV; it is the perfect product (for me) to see on DVD.

Even if Columbia screwed up the price with Larry Sanders, Season 1 and it came out in the early days of TV on DVD, wouldn't it be different at this point (if the price is proper for Season 2)? Aren't TV-on-DVD sales now good enough to support the release of the rest of Larry Sanders?

Kev A.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of Columbia releases. I wonder if we will get seasons 2 & 3 of Forever Knight?

Kipp Teague

Stunt Coordinator
While the Columbia announcement about All in the Family season 3 is somewhat reassuring, it is distressing nevertheless that they are choosing to release this a year and a half after the season 2 release. This is a ridiculously slow pace at which to release ANY series on DVD. What are they thinking?

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor

Exactly. February 4, 2003 to Fall 2004!?!? That's a massive gap between releases. And here I thought that it would never get any worse than FOX's 1 season set per year release schedule for "The Simpsons." I mean, at least "The Simpsons" sets have lots of extras to somewhat justify the slow pace, but "All in the Family" is extra-less. What gives?

Of course, I guess I should be thankful that AITF S3 is coming at all.

Paul Drake

Stunt Coordinator

And I didn't even know he was sick!

Seriously, this is a shame. One of the funniest and most well written TV shows ever won't get a full series release.

I still contend that the "Hank's Exercise Video" episode (where it wasn't an exercise video at all) is one of the funniest half hours I've ever seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks