What's new

HOT!!! DellSB - NEW Dell 2001FP 20.1" 1600x1200 for $749. (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
HOT!!! DellSB - NEW Dell 2001FP 20.1" 1600x1200 TFT with 16ms Response 24-Bit Color, DVI, for $749.25 with FREE Shipping!

Folks, don`t miss out on this one. This is not the 2000fp, it`s the brand new 2001FP! It comes with the first 16ms total average response 20.1" panel on the market, the LG LM201U04. As an added bonus, this panel is fully capable of 256 shades per subpixel, so you get full 16.7 million color reproduction, unlike the 17.4" 16ms panels (which can only do 64k colors). You also get much wider viewing angles thanks to the IPS technology (as opposed to the TN from the 17.4"). It`s rated at 250 nits brightness, 400:1 contrast (panel rated at 500:1), with a 176/176 degree viewing angle. There`s VGA, DVI-D, S-Video, and Composite inputs, so you can attach a VCR and use it as a TV. There`s a built in 4-port USB hub. The bezel is newly designed and is very very slim. It can be used in landscape and portrait modes. Seriously folks, this one ROCKS. Just click on the "Up to 25% off Select Flat-Panel Monitors!" link there on the left. HURRY FOLKS, unknown expiration date, and they may pull it anytime.

Click here to read up about it.

Parker

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Tomorrow is the last day for this deal!

I just ordered it (Damn that Parker for telling me
about this).

I own last year's model, the 2000FP and I love it!

I understand that the 2001FP has better color
rendering than last year's model. Also has USB
inputs which is pretty cool.

I couldn't resist the price at $749 shipped so
I ordered it this morning and opted to have it
shipped next day.

Anyone looking for a SWEET 20.1" LCD monitor ought
to look into this baby.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I like the fact that it has DVI-D, S Video and Composite Video inputs so you can use it as a regular TV monitor too.

When you compare its price to others out there that are similar in size and functions you will find that they average about twice this cost.

I sure wish I had the money and I would pick one of these up myself.

andy_brehm

Stunt Coordinator
i wish i had the money to get two! i have a dual head video card with two 19" crt monitors right now but dual 20" lcd would be great!

Jason_H

Second Unit
I got mine in the mail a few days ago, and I can verify that this is an EXCELLENT monitor. I am very impressed.

Bruce Abar

Stunt Coordinator
Trying to find one these in Canada? Anyone know where I can purchase it in Canada? Strange, but dell canada does not even list it.

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
I just received my monitor. I have a question. When I view soem websites, e.g HTF. it's looks great filling up the whole screen. But, if I go to Cnn.com or ESPN.com there's a lot of white space to teh right. IS that just due to the website set-up or am I doing something wrong?

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
It's merely the fact that their website is set up for a very low resolution monitor. The 2001FP is 1600 pixels wide, and cnn is set up for 800 pixels. ESPN.com is set up for 1024.

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
I'm having trouble with the pivot and rotate. I can physically rotate the monitor, but not the text. I downloaded a Nvidia update driver, but still can't make it happen. Do you need special software as well?

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Nvidia TNT2 and I find performance on Yahoo Games and some Poker sites to be very stuttery with the new monitor. Is my Video card to out of date to be used with this monitor?

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
those games are 2 dimensional window games. your video card shouldn't have any effect on the performance of the game. And your monitor shouldn't have any effect on the game.

since it sounds like they are online games you might need to look at your internet connection.

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
The Yahoo and Poker games problem has only started since I got the new LCD. Plus it works fine on my laptop which runs wirelessly off the same internet connection. Kind of frustrated...

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
that would be the oddest problem I have ever heard of, the monitor itself has absolutely zero impact on the performance of your PC; your computer will output the same information over the port rather indescriminately. . . unless. . . did you install the cd that came with the monitor? if so, you might consider uninstalling whatever it installed.

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
oh. . .oh. . . also, try plugging your other monitor back in. if the problem goes away then it might well be the drivers. so you'd want to go into your device manager and get it to attempt an update. or you could get an update off of dells website (orn possibly the included cd). . . I think.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Those online games are likely written in Java. Older versions of Windows XP have the Microsoft Virtual Machine, which is very fast at interpreting Java, but the US Department of Justice barred Microsoft from bundling Java for windows.

Could it be that you are running the Sun Microsystems version of Java? Its performance in games is unpredictable (random stuttering is common...I've seen it myself when playing Bejeweled on a PC that does not have the Microsoft Java Virtual Machine).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks