What's new

Dick Van Dyke Season 1 & 2 $20 Rebate Question (1 Viewer)

Kipp Teague

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone have any information or advice on how to obtain the $20 rebate offered with the Dick Van Dyke DVD sets, if the purchase was made from an online merchant? The mail-in rebate forms included in the two box sets indicate that "original sales receipts" must be supplied, but of course, there is no such receipt for an online purchase.

I have e-mailed the contact address at the dvdondvd.com web site, twice now in the past three weeks, but have received no reply.

Thanks.

Kipp Teague

Paul Drake

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

You should be able to use the confirmation e-mail from your etailer as your "receipt".

Also, the dvdondvd.com website can't help you here. They didn't put these out (despite what they want you to believe). You will need to contact Image directly via their website Link Removed

From what other posters have said, they're very good at responding.

Good luck.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
...but of course, there is no such receipt for an online purchase.
I don't know why you say this, Kipp.
I just used the "Invoice" I received with my Van Dyke package.

Every e-tailer gives some type of "invoice" with the info required by Image for the rebates to be valid.

Didn't you get ANY paperwork with your e-purchase of these sets?

Kipp Teague

Stunt Coordinator
David,

In some shipments, the paperwork included is nothing more than a packing list (vs. a sales receipt).

However, I have re-examined what I received from Deep Discount DVD with the Dick Van Dyke sets, and I believe it should indeed serve as a receipt.

Thanks to all who responded.

Kipp

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Travis, that was the worst joke I've ever heard.

On topic, I don't think that one would be able to use the confirmation e-mail from an online retailer because someone could conceivably order the titles from Amazon (or another e-tailer), print out the confirmation e-mail, and then proceed to cancel their online order.

On the other hand, the packing slip, which DDD includes with their items, details the price and date of order, so that should be acceptable.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
REBATE UPDATES, anyone??

Anybody else get their $20 back?

I have not. Three months and counting. (And I did not use the Best Buy special offer.) :frowning:

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
For those of you actually getting rebates from these sorry ass scumbags, good for you, but if you haven't, I wouldn't hold my breath.

David Grove

Stunt Coordinator
I bought both seasons shortly after release. I bought from a B & M store. Sent the rebate form in right away. Have heard/received nothing. Zip. Nada.

DG

BrianP

Supporting Actor
I sent in my rebate on November 3 and still have not received it. I also called Image a couple of weeks ago and was told the checks were going to be mailed the following week. Doesn't look like that happened.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I waited a bit to send mine in. It was probably about six weeks ago. I forgot how much time it said to allow for, but I certainly am not going to be one of the few who can report having gotten the rebate check back.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
I bought both seasons shortly after release. Sent the rebate form in right away. Have heard/received nothing. Zip. Nada.
Same here. Mailed forms October 25.
Zip.
Nada.

For pity's sake, why on Earth would it take 14 weeks to mail out a few checks??

Similar to ads on the back of cereal boxes, I guess it takes these people forever (plus 1 day) to perform a simple task.

Guess they wanna re-build the Egyptian Pyramids before issuing the rebates. :frowning:

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I am aware of the issue of people being denied their rebates because they recieved a $20 BB gift card when they purchased their sets on the same Best Buy receipt.

But for those of us who have indisputable entitlement to our rebate checks, is there something we can do as a collective to get them? If Image does not honor these, I won't know what to think.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well, considering that the Best Buy gift card as an excuse to not issue a rebate is completely fraudulent and bogus, it's not much of a stretch of the imagination to figure they'll do whatever it takes to avoid giving the rebate to anyone. They certainly were very quick to inform the Best Buy users that they weren't going to honor their commitment, so it's not like they can't be quick. But I guess they move a lot faster when sending out illegal rejection notices, than in sending out checks to honor their obligations. :thumbsdown: :angry:

Paul Linfesty

Stunt Coordinator
I received my rebate on January 28, 2004. Coincidently, it's been so long since I mailed it in that I had forgotten it, until I found this thread on January 27!

John KB

Second Unit
I already mentioned that I received mine back in December plus I have spoken with a friend at work about this, and he also received his back in Dec.
Maybe the Canadian ones are going out a bit faster since a smaller amount would obviously have been sold here. I had to send my receipts to Toronto from Winnipeg Manitoba.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
They must be catching up (so to speak). I got my rebate on Feb. 20, three months and a day after I mailed in the forms.

M.

ScottRichard

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
I got my check sometime last month and the Deep Discount DVD invoice is what I sent in, so that will serve as a sales receipt.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks