Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

JBL or Klipsch

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 of 14 OFFLINE   Paulo C

Paulo C

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted December 15 2003 - 01:31 AM

Hi! Which brand is better? i'm choosing between JBL scs 178 and Klipsch promedia 5.1. Can anyone of you state the good and bad points of these products? thanks in advance.

#2 of 14 OFFLINE   Pablo Abularach

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor

• 526 posts

Posted December 15 2003 - 01:35 AM

I dont know what will be you primary use for them. I have audition the Promedia 5.1 Ultra, and for me they are the best computer speaker set. Very good sound quality, very detail, and good sub. Overall its the best there is. I cant comment on the JBLs SCS178 because I havent audition them, but I think the klipsch are very tough to beat. Good luck with your choice.

#3 of 14 OFFLINE   Paulo C

Paulo C

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted December 15 2003 - 01:39 AM

I'll be using it for movies as well as gaming (psx). Is it good in movies?

#4 of 14 OFFLINE   Pablo Abularach

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor

• 526 posts

Posted December 15 2003 - 01:57 AM

Paulo,

[quote] I'll be using it for movies as well as gaming (psx). Is it good in movies? [quote] It's design for computers. As I said before, I think is the best set of computer speakers on the market, but they have their limitations due to size and design.

If you are powering a big room you might want to look elswhere, but if its for your computer and PS2 you will be ok. But remember that the Promedias Ultra doesnt have a decoder, so for it to work you will need something to decode the signal, in the case of the computers it is the sound card. In case of the PS2, it has stereo outputs as well as optical, but to make it work in 5.1 you will need a decoder. Now the Promedias GMX have a decoder built in them but I didnt like so much the sound of them, another computer speaker set that you could look are Logitechs Z-680, I think they have a decoder also, but check, dont take my word for it. And for me they sounded pretty decent for the price. The sub is a little boomy but works great in games and movies.

Good luck,

#5 of 14 OFFLINE   kehi

kehi

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted December 15 2003 - 06:24 PM

klipsch anything is better than jbl

#6 of 14 OFFLINE   kehi

kehi

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted December 15 2003 - 06:24 PM

klipsch

#7 of 14 OFFLINE   Allen Marshall

Allen Marshall

Supporting Actor

• 561 posts

Posted December 16 2003 - 07:00 AM

i have the klipsch promedia for my computer and if my computer sound device didnt go whacky on me i wouldnt have a home theater to date cause there pretty damn good and i've had ALOT of computer speakers, the control panel volume for them goes from 1-80 you'll never put it over 65 while watching movies but listening to music it doesnt quite get there if the volume could go higher im sure i would listen to music on like 85 or something. I was unaware you could get something that good for $400 or whatever they cost now and i dont care what anybody says the subwoofer kicks major buttocks for how much it cost, nothing but a foot rest for me now though..
I work on Film, Animation & Sound Design in downtown Chicago.

#8 of 14 OFFLINE   Daniel Hawl

Daniel Hawl

Agent

• 37 posts

Posted December 16 2003 - 07:28 AM

Allen - that first sentence of yours gave me a massive headache! Run-ons make baby jesus cry.

#9 of 14 OFFLINE   Greg-ST

Greg-ST

Stunt Coordinator

• 193 posts

Posted December 16 2003 - 02:20 PM

[quote] klipsch anything is better than jbl [quote] You're kidding right? I'm sorry, but such nonsense really doesn't have a place on this forum.

#10 of 14 OFFLINE   Frank Carter

Frank Carter

Screenwriter

• 1,188 posts

Posted December 16 2003 - 03:09 PM

Just so you know, Klipsch is running some pretty good specials at their online store, just read the top section.

http://forums.klipsc....-8BA0FD5BF73E}

#11 of 14 OFFLINE   Gary Shipley

Gary Shipley

Second Unit

• 281 posts

Posted December 17 2003 - 11:37 AM

I agree with Greg. As far as I'm concerned, if you can't give an opinion without bashing, don't give one.
Gary Shipley

#12 of 14 OFFLINE   Khoa Tran

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor

• 569 posts

Posted December 17 2003 - 11:42 AM

Klipsch are a brighter speaker and JBLs are a more neutral speaker, you have to listen and decide for yourself....

#13 of 14 OFFLINE   James C. Jr.

James C. Jr.

Extra

• 17 posts

Posted December 17 2003 - 04:07 PM

I have a JBL Northridge setup and all I can say is that it kicks butt. Jim

#14 of 14 OFFLINE   DonnyD

DonnyD

Screenwriter

• 1,154 posts

Posted December 17 2003 - 10:40 PM

Most of Klipsch speakers are very efficient, therefore drive very easy and get very loud....quickly.... and they certainly seem very popular around here....... As far as one vrs the other, it's all according to taste........ I prefer the older JBLs to the newer lines unless you get into the Pro or Tik series......
"There comes a time in the lives of men, when taken at the tide, you're liable to ****ing drown..." R. Farina
"or go broke due to upgraditis..." D. Davis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users