What's new

Mario & Luigi The Superstar Saga (1 Viewer)

Kevin Terry

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin Terry
Has anyone else played this game, I can't put it down. I've only had it for 2 days and have already put over 12 hours into it.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
I only played it for a few minutes in a store demo, but it reminded me a lot of "paper mario" for the N64. Which is actually a compliment because paper mario is a GREAT game. I have logged many hours into it... believe it or not, I liked paper mario much better than the original mario RPG for the SNES. The battle system has just the right blend of action and strategy...

When I have more money I may pick this up.

s

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
I beat it in 2 days, I think I took about 16 hours or something. It was fun, but I don't think there's any replay value, and it certainly wasn't challenging. In fact, I don't recall dying, except for maybe on the last boss.

BarryS

Second Unit
I only played it for a few minutes in a store demo, but it reminded me a lot of "paper mario" for the N64. Which is actually a compliment because paper mario is a GREAT game.
Agreed. I loved Paper Mario and was addicted to it for about a month and a half. I don't have a Gameboy Advance, so I can't play Mario and Luigi, but there is supposed to be a new Mario RPG game coming out for GameCube next year I believe, so I'm looking forward to that.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
I don't recall dying yet (maybe once or twice so far) on paper mario but that hasn't impeded my enjoyment of it. In fact, I really don't like the "hardcore" RPGs with the dead-end battles and constant deaths and complicated statistical system (I realize most people here probably do). I get too frustrated and have to stop my game before I have a chance to make a major dent in the storyline.

Also, I'm not the sort of person who likes spending hours and hours "levelling up" my characters. So these "less challenging" (but not less fun or captivating) mario games are sort of a godsend for me, as they are the only RPGs I find enjoyable.

In some ways I'm lucky, because the games that many HTF members beat in "an afternoon" or "four hours" or "a day" usually take me MUCH, MUCH longer to win. I pace myself with all my games so I don't "blow my wad" in one continuous sitting. Games that have taken me a year to win have taken some HTFers only three hours. How weird!

Sorry if I went off-topic.

s!

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
It's a good little game. If it could have been longer while still keeping the same pacing it would have been better, also if there had been more sidequests. But I think it was probably worth my money. I'm just sad there's not much replay value.

Kevin Terry

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin Terry
I finally beat the last boss after leveling up to a rediculously high level 46. Now the game is just too easy, I am giving it a 2nd play through.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks