What's new

XBOX multiplayer games I can play with my kid? (1 Viewer)

Brian_J

Second Unit
Well with Christmas rapidly approaching I am trying to figure out what games to get for my son (and me of course ;) ). But every game I look at seems to say 1-player.

I am basically looking to recreate that Halo experience with co-op mode. We did the timesplitters and that was good and even did Castle Wolfenstein but not being able to save was a deal breaker.

Are there any good multiplayer/coop games out right now? We have Live by the way so if there are some good 1-player games that become multi on Live those recommendations would also be helpful.

He is a 9-year old kid and is pretty tough so I will play most games with him (excluding the vulgar GTA type). I would love some FPS and non-FPS recommendations. Thanks for the help.

Brian

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Sports game are 2 players if hes into sports. Mech Assault you can do split screen modes onlines.

capt

JayV

Supporting Actor
And don't forget the split-screen ability of Project Gotham 2 and MotoGP (including the MotoGP demo).

There's a variant game some people invented for PGR2 that you and your son might enjoy. It's played between teams of two. One team member takes a Cooper Mini, the other takes an Ultimate class car. The goal is to get your Mini across the finish line while the Ultimates on the other team seek to prevent that.

-j

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
If he's into LOTR like my 8 y/o, then LOTR The Return of the King is a good coop game. What's interesting is its not split screen but u're both controliing ur character moving about the game. Quite a nice change really.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
Pick up Toe Jam & Earl 3. I started a new game a couple weeks ago, and played it every day with my 10 year old until we completed it.

Alanna

Second Unit
No one mentioned Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. Its sooo much fun two player. I've blasted through the game with two different people and each time through was killer. There's also Dungeons and Dragons: Heroes but its inferior. Go with BG first then check out D&D if you are still hungry for that sort of thing.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Hunter: The Gathering is another great co-op game. You can get it for $20 now. There's also a newer Hunter game out but I don't think that it's much different than the first one.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
That game creation for PGR2 sounds wild. The upcoming SegaGT Online is supposed to have some team-based multiplayer options as well.

Bryce Miner

Stunt Coordinator
SWAT

Yes, it didn't achieve great marks, but it is quite fun to play cooperatively. I think you'll enjoy it.

Armando Zamora

Second Unit
Real Name
aromaz odnamra
Brian,

I have two sons, 6 and 9-years old. They loved the Fusion Frenzy demo on the Halo disc, so I picked up a used copy at my local video game store. They love it. The three of us have engaged in some fierce competitions. Kicked my butt many times as well. It's a good game for the kids....fun.

Alanna

Second Unit
I wouldn't let my 9 year old play anything with as much gore as Hunter (if I had a 9 yr old that is lol). Soul Caliber 2 is harmless fighting fun though. Try some Capcom vs. Marvel 2 as well. How about SSX3 the snowboarding game? Even SSX Tricky would do, they are both alot of fun whether you go for the older cheapie SSX or the bright shiny new one.

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
My son and I play Nightfire together. Of course, he's 3 and a half years old (he's a gaming prodigy :) ), but he loves shooting the bad guys. We play 10 minute capture the flag games, and he just runs around killing the bad guys. His record is 25 kills in one game. Not bad for his age.

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
I really enjoy Fuzion Frenzy as a multiplayer party game (and *very* addictive), as well as Whacked (Live enabled) and Crimson Skies

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks