What's new

As promised SVS B4+ pictures (1 Viewer)

Simon Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Here is a link for the pictures that I promised everyone. When you want to look at the next picture just change the value Eg.Pic2.jpg in the link.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/BladeRnR/Pic1.JPG

I went a bit overboard with the pictures(15 in all) but my brother insisted we save every moment as you dont import a B4+ every day. Enjoy

Ps.Gabriel your finish on your b4+ looks amazing damm they did a good job. I hope your enjoying it as much as me.

Sheldon C

Second Unit
wow, nice pictures! Be sure to let us know what you think of that beast. The person sitting on the couch next to the sub will be getting a nice massage!

What kind of speakers are you using?

Darrin W-G

Grip
Simon, I'm only across the ditch from you, I'm sure if theirs any earthquakes here, I will know where to look. (lol):D

itai

Stunt Coordinator
Holy mother, sweet jesus!!!! (yes, and i'm jewish!),
I never realized the size of these things! is that legal?
How did it magically get from pic7, garage, to 8, inside of house? ;)
please tell us how does it feel!

:emoji_thumbsup:

Justin_Brown

Auditioning
Jesse Sharrow,

Your a Hi-Fi enthusiast and ask a question like that?

*shrugs*

Let me tell you mate - you need it because modern DVD tracks have hidden Bass you'll NEVER hear with a lesser beast than a B4+ and I can also relate - this is the most accurate Sub I've ever heard (And I've hear at least 50+ Subs in my time).

Cheers

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Now why would you want a sub that big? Seriously. How accurate can it be?
The answer is "just as accurate as any other well designed sub." And for you folks that really do buy into the size of the driver = more accurate and/or "faster" bass the B4+ only uses a 12" driver....just 4 of them. So it's actually four times as "fast" as a smaller sub with just one 12"....? ;)

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
Oh c'mon Dan.....give him a chance to take the bait will ya? ;) Thanks for spoiling all the fun. :b

Simon Brown

Stunt Coordinator
As my bother has already explained why I chose the B4+ I wont go into that. From Pic7 to Pic8 well let me tell you it was very difficult and both my brother and I are still a little sore from moving it. When the guy turned up in the truck he didn't have a ramp to lower the crate so we had to lift it off the truck:frowning: . All the pain sweat and tears are worth it in the end and after trying most of my bass heavy dvds, I'm still recovering. But another day has dawned and that means... you guessed it. The poor neighbors lucky our Unit is at the back lot and the nearest neighbor is 91 years old and she has trouble hearing. Well she does now after the last couple of nights :D . Hope everyone is enjoying the pictures.:emoji_thumbsup:

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
you need it because modern DVD tracks have hidden Bass you'll NEVER hear with a lesser beast than a B4+
I wouldn't say that. You may be able to hear them better with the B4+ or be a little more at ease when those low tones come along. Also, there are other subs available that could hang with the B4+. It seems like it would be a spectacular sub in it's own right though...not trying to take anything from it.

Simon Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for posting the links Ernest yes I was lazy.Dan my brother was just saying (his very excited about the B4) any less than the level (Size,power) of a B4+ like the Krell, Everest and so on would be missing out on some low level bass in some modern dvd soundtracks. As the jedi master says in Ep1 "Theres always a bigger fish" just a little bit more expensive. For the money the SVS is brilliant for the money without taking out a loan and selling your wife:D . Just listened to Hulk(DTS) :b

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Dan my brother was just saying (his very excited about the B4) any less than the level (Size,power) of a B4+ like the Krell, Everest
Oh gosh...I REALLY don't want this to turn into a mine is better than yours, but I REALLY hope you both have heard an Everest before making such a statement. If not, what makes you two say such a thing?

Simon Brown

Stunt Coordinator
No it seems you have missunderstood us I can see how you could.I should have put a comma instead of "like the". Dan in no way are we saying that the B4+ is better than the Everest or Krell and we wouldn't make such a stupid mistake without hearing either of them so you can relax now. What we are saying is that the B4+,Everest and Krell or any brands flagship subs would reproduce bass better and more efficiently than say smaller less powerful subs. We are not in the business of jumping to conclusions without some form of hands on experience so I hope this clears it up for you. I'm sure that theres always going to be a better subwoofer/Amp/DVD player out there somewhere and if there wasn't well then HT would be a boring hobby if no one pushed the envelope. I guess I will word my posts a little better in the future to avoid any confusion. :). Yep your right Darrin my brother and I were just thinking the same thing, and with all the cabling they would just look at it and give up.

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Simon,

I kept rereading it and thought that might have been what you meant. But you'd be surprised at what some people around here think. Have fun enjoying your sub! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks