-

Photo
- - - - -

Please help ....51"hit s500 vs sony "51"ws550

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Adam_mmm

Adam_mmm

Agent

• 44 posts

Posted December 11 2003 - 08:16 AM

I have done the research and narrowed it down to these two. Please help me decide which one of these televisions is the better set. I can get both for about 1950.00 usd. I have went back and forth and cannot decide. I know the sony comes with the tuner but my location will not allow me to use it. I also know they both have anti reflective screens yet the sony510(perfect for me) which is about 300 less does not. It will be in a room with a reasonable amount of light so I will feel more comfortable with the anti glare screen. If I choose the hitachi over the sony I would just like a good justification for the choice because of the tuner difference as well as price. However, I think the hitachi may be a better set. Thnks to all who help in this decision making process.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   John S

John S

Producer

• 5,460 posts

Posted December 11 2003 - 08:38 AM

To tuner or not to tuner, ahh that is the question.....

OTA Tuners can be found for around $200 these days...

So I would say it is not that big of a deal one way or the other.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   nate n

nate n

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted December 11 2003 - 04:15 PM

Both sony and hitachi have rebates on their tv's with built in tuner. go to sears and price match circuit city's online prices. sears is also giving an instant $100 off rpt and lcd's. I was fortunate enough to be there last saturday when they were also giving an additonal 10% off everything after all discounts and price match. Got a hitachi 65s700 after rebate for $2350. You can get the 57" for about $500 less.