What's new

"Dead Zone" Season 2 (plus summer 03 episodes)? (1 Viewer)

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
Question about "The Dead Zone"...

I purchased season 1 this last June (as did many of you). I was wondering if anyone had any word on the possible release of Season 2 (which aired last January) and then the short run they had this last summer...

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I think they're targeting a summer release for the show. Nothing has been announced at this time, and I don't believe anything has been officially scheduled either.

I thought Lions Gate did a great job with the first season. I hadn't seen the show before and I really, really enjoyed it.

Gord

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
yeah i had not seen the show either until the dvd set and i really enjoyed it aswell. looking forward to the S2 set whenever it comes out!

Kai Zas

Second Unit
Same here. Bought it sight unseen and was pleasantly surprised. Shame I couldn't get the original pilot though. I live in Europe and my dvd-shop couldn't help me out. So I thought I'd be smart and got it on eBay. Turned out to be the same pilot that was in the box, only this time it was a 90 min feature. Doh!

What do you mean short run, by the way? Was it cancelled?

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
It's not exactly the same as they have a slightly different supporting cast and a number of scene and line changes. Too bad the commentary on the pilot was out of sync.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Tony,

I think Kai is talking about the single disc release that came out before the entire season set. This was the first 2 episodes that are on the season set, and not the disc that you mail away for.

Kai,

They aired a few new episodes in the summer, which is what
Jonny meant by the "short run."

Gord

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
Gord is correct.

They had six episodes last summer (if I recall the number correctly) and referred to it as the "Summer of Fun" -- or something like that.

The decision to film those episodes came from USA at the last minute. There were some fun episodes...including one where Johnny Smith faced a tornado...and the other called "The Hunt" that was known as "the missing episode" of "The Dead Zone" since it had been put on the shelf since it dealed with using Johnny's abilities to help hunt down a terrorist.

I was just wondering if they would include those episodes in a season 2 set...

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
What's with the aspect ratio of the broadcast? I recorded some broadcast episodes in "Letterboxed" with black bars, sometimes not. Sometimes the opening credits have a different ratio? Anyone know whats going on with this?

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Jonny: There were actually 7 episodes that aired over the summer. They are part of season two even though they aired later on. So when the eventual S2 set comes out they will be in there making S2 a total of 19 episodes. :)

2- 1 2002 5 Jan 03 Valley of the Shadow
2- 2 2003 12 Jan 03 Descent (1)
2- 3 2005 19 Jan 03 Ascent (2)
2- 4 2004 2 Feb 03 The Outsider
2- 5 2001 9 Feb 03 Precipitate
2- 6 2007 16 Feb 03 Scars
2- 7 2006 23 Feb 03 Misbegotten
2- 8 2009 2 Mar 03 Cabin Pressure
2- 9 2008 9 Mar 03 The Man Who NeverWas
2-10 2010 16 Mar 03 Dead Men Tell Tales
2-11 2011 30 Mar 03 Playing God
2-12 2013 6 Apr 03 Zion
2-13 2014 6 Jul 03 The Storm
2-14 2015 13 Jul 03 Plague
2-15 2016 20 Jul 03 Deja Voodoo
2-16 2012 27 Jul 03 The Hunt
2-17 2017 3 Aug 03 The Mountain
2-18 2018 10 Aug 03 The Combination
2-19 2019 17 Aug 03 Visions

Greg Madsen

Second Unit
Same here. Bought it sight unseen and was pleasantly surprised. Shame I couldn't get the original pilot though. I live in Europe and my dvd-shop couldn't help me out. So I thought I'd be smart and got it on eBay. Turned out to be the same pilot that was in the box, only this time it was a 90 min feature. Doh!
Kai Zas,

I ended up with two original pilot discs (They sent me one and then about a week later another arrived. Not sure why) if you would like my extra copy I can send it to you free of charge.

Greg

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
19 episodes will be released on March 16th for season 2 according to Lions Gate. 5 disc, commentary every episode, deleted scenes.

Rolando

Screenwriter
Late coming in I guess but how is this series and it's DVD release? I have read the Stephen Book it's based on (LOVED IT) and was only half pleased by the Movie by the same name with Christopher Walken.

What is this series like? Adaptation spread over years or simply "inspired by" and nothing like it aside from a guy who can "see the future".

What are the DVD releases like? Can I just pick up season box set and be ok. What is this single disk pilot mentioned in another post? Is it NOT available on the box set? Do I need to buy season one AND look for a pilot episode release?

Thanks for you help guys.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Rolando: The Series in my opinion is better than the movie although i do like the movie aswell. You can just pick up the season one set and it will be complete with the pilot and all. The pilot you can send away for or buy seperately is the same thing as the one that comes in the set, except it has different actors in a couple of roles.

Kai Zas

Second Unit
The series is inspired by the book. It is indeed just about a guy that has visions when he touches stuff. That doesn't matter though, considering the writing is realy, realy good.

Main creative force behind it is Michael Piller, of Star Trek fame, together with his son.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks