What's new

24: Day 3 - 12/09/03 - Hour 7 (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
tick-TOCK tick-TOCK
tick-TOCK tick-TOCK

THE FOLLOWING TAKES PLACE
BETWEEN 7:00 P.M. AND 8:00 P.M.

Jack Bauer Body Count: 3

The Bauer family is back into peril. So the general theory is that Jack is the one carrying the virus which begs the question why is Salazar taking him back to Mexico? Is Sherry coming back tonight? Regardless, I hope this one is better than last week's. Season 3 has been greatly lacking the punch Seasons 2 and 1 packed. It feels different.

The Questions

1. Will David Carradine unleash his cougar on Kim before the eyes of millions of relieved fans?
2. Will Jack be back on smack tonight?
3. Is Tony getting out of surgery tonight?
4. Will Little Palmer and Anne butt heads again tonight?
5. Is Teri really dead?

Find out on an all new 24!

James T

Screenwriter
Three letters to describe what I thought at episode's end...WTF?

Very twisted. Is this the last episode before X-mas break?

Andrew Walbert

Stunt Coordinator
I guess it all sort of makes sense, and certainly helps explain away a few very serious plot holes that were open before.

It also caused Kim's bumbling idiocy to go from making her a hero (discovering Guyell(sp?)'s treachery) to being a bumbling idiot once again stumbling upon something she shouldn't have.

The body count is dangerously low for this season, however...

John Watson

Screenwriter
Damn! That was good!!

Michelle really flaked out, but Kim and Chase are coming into their own.

And Dark Ops everywhere, an X File feel, Chapelle is so far out of the loop he's starting to look like Linley in Alias :D

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Nice little twist at the end.

So Hector thinks Jack is bad but he's good and so is Gael. Alright. Now the thing about Gael being in the CIA makes sense.

Matt Goddard

Stunt Coordinator
Tonight's ending was what I would term "Classic 24." Until Jack hit his watch and the PDA started beeping, I had no idea what was going to happen. I'm glad there's one more week before they take their Christmas break.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Is this the last episode before X-mas break?
The preview at the end of the episode said it's new next Tuesday - which kind of surprised me. They haven't had a week without a new episode since the season premiere, have they?

I was confused by the end and especially next week's preview. Hopefully they'll things straight next week. :)

KevinRB

Stunt Coordinator
Kim and Chase are coming into their own.
Haha, good one!

I almost wish they would drop the president from the storyline. He's looking weaker and weaker every episode. Instead of the authority figure of previous season, he's now acting like a puppet to his brother.

Altogether, it was a good epsiode. I like both the twists at the end and didn't see them coming. If we were to re-watch some of the earlier episodes, they would definately make more sense now.

Travis_S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis
So...
There was never any virus. The plan all along was for Jack to break Salazar out of prison and go undercover again.
Jack, Gael, and Tony were the only ones who knew.
Then the whole "virus" thing was put into motion between Jack, Gael and Hector.
Singer was just a dead end, a reason for Jack to take matters into his own hands and get Salazar out (which was the plan all along)
I remember Gael trying to stop the guy from shooting Tony, so that was the reason for that, and also the reason he didn't shoot Kim, just tied her up.
Questions:
What would make Jack want to reestablish his cover?
Is there another major terrorist group out there with ties to the Salazars?
Sound right to anyone else? I LOVED this episode. The show finally hit its stride, and shocked me this season.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I agree withe the above posts, I loved tonight's episode. Tony waking up and demanding to go to CTU was classic. I'm very happy to see him back in the action.

Chloe still annoys the hell out of me, and the Pres's story is the weakest part, but maybe (hopefully) there will be a good payoff.

I really can't wait to see where the show goes next.

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
You want to know who has ties to the Salazars?

The rich guy responsible for last season on the boat..the one who ordered the hit on Palmer

It makes perfect sense now really. Think about it...there is no way that they would leave such a cliffhanger from last season without some explanation (the explanation in the premiere is obviously weak on purpose). Keep in mind that (from Season 2),

the guy on the boat had a German accent

and we know from the finale of Season 1 that

Nina worked for Germany

Since both the real question marks from Season 1 and 2 (who are these people and their real motives?) have been left unanswered, my guess is that:

the Salazars have connections to the guy on the boat and ultimately the faction that Nina works for in Germany,

thus tying Seasons 1-3 into one nice tidy little bow. Keep in mind that on the deleted scenes from Season 2 on the DVD set, they show

Nina with the guy on the boat
...therefore it seems clear that the writers wanted to plant that seed at the end of last year, but instead decided to run with the red herring of the virus plotline
in order to have everything make a bit more sense since the Salazars will just be a conduit to the ultimate terrosit group of all three seasons.

Makes sense to me at least! Or, at least this is my theory :b

Travis_S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis
You gotta think Palmer will be pissed off about this when he learns of it. He basically threw the debate to help Jack out, when it turns out there was no threat at all! He went against his brother to support Jack because he trusted him more than anyone else.

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Did anyone besides me scream "THANK YOU!!" at the screen concerning Chapelle's comment about her?
My girlfriend mentioned how she likes Chloe because she seems to say the things that she would want to say. Hmmmm.

Does anyone else get the feeling that Palmer's plotline almost has the feel that Kim's did last year? What a shame. Funny though, I have this sudden urge to buy whole-life insurance from All-State.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
The preview at the end of the episode said it's new next Tuesday - which kind of surprised me. They haven't had a week without a new episode since the season premiere, have they?
Well, judging by the way it was last year. They will do one more next week and then a 3 week break. Then a couple more episodes and then another 3 week break.

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
Random Thoughts-

Best episode of the season, with Chappelle as the MVP. It was great seeing him pull out all the stops to break down Gael, only to be shocked to find out(as we do), about the "master plan"...

Palmer's storyline is making him seem weak by taking orders from a political novice like Little Palmer. Bring back Mike Novic, and bring him back NOW...

Chase has really grown on me recently, and I guess he can now be seen as the "wild card"...

Did anyone really expect for Tony to make his dramatic reentrance into CTU as quickly as he did?? I'll admit, I had goosebumps...

Anne going to see her ex makes me wonder if we're gonna see the patented "rape attempt"...

Chloe gained some ground with Kim, and was able to force a smile...

Finally, Re: "Master Plan"

Couldn't see it coming, but I'm betting it was in place long before the beginning of the season. The only thing I wonder about is having just Jack, Tony, and Gael be in on it, and not Chase. That seemingly could solve a lot of future problems. It is definitely starting to seem to me that Hector is a little slow on the upchuck, which explains how Gael and Jack manipulated him at will. I wonder why such a big deal was made over Kyle Singer if he was clean all along, as even Hector's men were making sure to clean themselves properly after handling him.

I will agree that all this is leading to "The Guy On The Yacht", as well as "Operations From La Femme Nikita" and (hopefully) Mandy, Nina, and Sherry. I know I'll be watching...

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
There was never any virus. The plan all along was for Jack to break Salazar out of prison and go undercover again.
Well, there is unless that dead body in hour one was a hoax. I think Hector has been working with CTU, or Sra. Hector has - the thinking there perhaps being that drugs are one thing, but being in bed with bioterrorists is quite another. So he comes up with the plan, but doesn't actually infect Singer.

I have to say, though, that I was really hoping this episode would begin with Kim kicking Gael's ass and dumping him on Michelle's desk ("son of a bitch pulled a gun on me. I hate that!").

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
This episode answered a lot of questions but opened a flood of new ones. I'm glad there was something more to the mole.

There is a virus though - remember the dead guy in episode one.

I am confused about one thing. Tony and Jack had Kyle cornered in the mall. If they capture him then how does Jack get Ramone out of prison? They obviously didn't plan for Tony to get shot and Kyle to escape.

Man, Michelle and Tony got back to CTU quickly. It takes me longer than that to wait for an elevator!

Certainly the best hour of the season. I had to chuckle at Gael's little gun. Was it even loaded?

Do you think Michelle is going to be upset with Tony?!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks