What's new

Buffy Season 6...May 2004? (1 Viewer)

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Just got my Buffy Season 5 set in the mail-thank God no floaters!

Anyway, as usual with many Fox sets, the "Continue your collection" ad was included. However, it says May 2004. I've read release dates of 7/6/04. I know the set may have been manufactured before the street date was released, but May seems to fit much more with the current Buffy rotation.

I'm including a link to a scan I did of the ad below.

SPOILER ALERT!

The ad contains what I think could be a spoiler, view at your own risk.

Buffy Season 6 ad

Personally I hope it is May and not July.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Nah, that's not a spoiler. It's not like it tells you who's saying that line or even what they're referring to(although that's pretty easy to figure out thanks to the episode title).

Haden

Supporting Actor
Well I'd certainly like to get season 6 two months earlier. :) Season 7 will probably still come out the first week of December.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
It's not really a spoiler if you've seen season 5. TV Shows on DVD addressed this a few days ago. Basically, it is July and the inserts were printed before the date was finalized.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Is that ad color scheme indicative of what the box set will look like?

I wasn't really impressed with pictures of Season 5, but in person I think it looks pretty sharp.

Ray_Gootz

Stunt Coordinator
I like the color scheme on the season 6 ad. Although it'd might make the set seem too girlish it stands out from the rest of the set. Season 5 is too red for my tastes. But the light pink and white shows buffy as the grown up she becomes in season 6. Season 7 I'm clueless what it should be. Maybe an ice shade of purple which would've been my pick for Season 5. Plus i think Season 7 should have every member of the cast on the cover just to get the feeling to consumers that season 7 is a war and the last hurrah as sucky as it might have been.

Joshua_W

Second Unit
I didn't really care for the S5 box art, either.

The red scheme was already used on S2.

Also, I would've preferred to have Buffy, Glory, and Dawn on the cover instead of Blondie Bear. If I ever make a custom DVD cover for this, Glorificus is going onto it.

I also agree that Spike will probably be on the next two boxes. I kind of like the yellow scheme for S6, though. Hopefully, they'll run with it. Will and Tara should be on the cover, and while Will is a possibility, I doubt we'll see Tara there.

And, on the S6 discs, I'd like to see:

Buffy, Spike (we know he'll be there...), Dark
Willow, Xander, Tara, and Anya.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
There were no floaters on my Buffy S5 either---Fox must be learning from the excessive returns on S3 and S4?

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
OT but since this is the only active Buffy thread at the moment-

i was there at the begining when they first announced the show back in '96. due to an odd work schedule, i could only catch the show infrequently, but every time i did i was surprised by the wit and generally high quality of the writing- i was a big Night Stalker fan as a kid, and i had always thought it would be impossible to have a 'monster of the week' show that could actually work- but Whedon found the 'hook' and the sensibility to make it work.
not only that-each season it seemed continued to expand the series beyond what it already was.
i lost a little interest in S4, but S5 came back with a fresh twist and some of the best episodes in the whole series, culminating in a spectacular "previously on" for the last WB episode (sadly lacking on the box set).
when it moved to UPN, i lost track of it and have only seen about 2 eps from its last two seasons.
i think i just got "buffy'd out", cause i never made much of an effort to track it down.
i dutifully picked up the first box set as soon as it was released, and S3 i was looking forward to for Faith, but both have sat on the shelf collecting dust.
in the two yrs i've owned it, i've only watched 1 ep from the first set and just a few more from the 3rd.
i was begining to think i should just be realistic and sell it off, since i obviously had no interest in the show anymore.

and then for the hell of it, i decided to watch another 1st season ep the other night- and then another- and then another.
i tired to watch something else after that, but after an hour, i shut it off so i could watch something from the 3rd season.
i'm hooked again!
i still have to marvel at the quality and freshness of this show.

anyways, even if S6 and 7 are inferior, i'm still looking forward to seeing them (for the first time) and they can't come soon enough.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Surprised this hasn't be brought up. TVShowsonDVD just reported today that Fox announced the release is now late May, thus making the season 5 insert true!

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Damn, I was hoping for something before then. Looks like they aren't speeding up the release schedule by that much.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Well, it was mid january-mid june before.

Now it's mid December- late May.

Hopefully season 7 will be out by early December 2004

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks