Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Signal Drops on RX-V1400

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 MarkMel

MarkMel

Screenwriter

• 1,494 posts

Posted December 08 2003 - 02:33 AM

I have an RX-V1400. While watching a DVD I get audio signal drops occasionally; All audio cuts out for a second. I was using a cheepo Magnavox DVD player using the coax out. So, took the player back and installed a new, better(?), Sony player. Did not try new player yet. Was watching HBO last night on digital cable, also utilizing the coax out and was still getting signal drops. Boy is wife po'd now because I told her it was the cheap DVD player and we needed to upgrade.

So while HBO was playing I went to my cabinet and watched what the receiver was doing on the display when the signal dropped. It looked like the receiver was trying to change the DSP program.

This issue has never occurred while watching analog programming off of the Digital Cable Box.

Does this sound like a faulty receiver?

Is the receiver trying to switch to a DSP that is more compatible to the signal sent other than the one I have selected?

I am using coax cable made from RG-6 with an F-connecter to rca adapters on both components. Could this be my issue?

I am not a cable elitist (I'm cheap) but would better cables(pre-made) solve my issue?

Oh and this happens at any volume level.
"and no one seems to understand the glory of guitar, when out of tune, the off timing, the singers who can't sing, - the beauty of flaw!"

"I apologize if there is anyone in this room I have not offended" - Brahms

My Band - Charlie Don't Surf! https://www.facebook...arlieDontSurfCT

#2 of 2 John Garcia

John Garcia

Executive Producer

• 11,521 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted December 08 2003 - 04:18 AM

Yes, try a digital coax on one component to see if this solves the problem.

This will not happen with analog connections, if it is the problem that a number of other manufacturers have. It is very likely a digital connection issue - a pause or change in the signal will cause a brief dropout.

If you "force" a decoding method, the receiver will not try to reselect.
HT: Emotiva UMC-200, Emotiva XPA-3, Carnegie Acoustics CSB-1s + CSC-1, GR Research A/V-1s, Epik Empire, Oppo BDP-105, PS4, PS3,URC R-50, APC-H10, Panamax 5100 Bluejeans Cable
System Two: Marantz PM7200, Pioneer FS52s, Panasonic BD79
(stolen) : Marantz SR-8300, GR Research A/V-2s, Sony SCD-222ES SACD, Panasonic BD-65, PS3 60G (250G)

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein