-

Photo
- - - - -

Paradigm Studio Pricing and Dealer Questions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 OFFLINE   Ryan Muessig

Ryan Muessig

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted December 07 2003 - 02:00 PM

After much deliberation and lots of auditions, I have decided on the following for my initial purchase of speakers:

Front: Paradigm Studio 60's
Center: Paradigm CC-470
Subwoofer: Paradigm PW-2100
Rear: existing speakers, will upgrade later.

I have had a tough time trying to get my local (and neighboring cities) representatives to give me a very good price quote. Most want to wait until I tell them I'm "ready to purchase today" before they will give me a price.

So, a few questions: Are paradigm dealers forbidden from shipping product due to distribution rules? Is it worth getting quotes from dealers in New Jersey, for example, if I live in Austin, TX, and don't plan on traveling that far to pick them up?

What should I expect on average, and/or as a best deal for the speakers above?

Here is the best price that I have been quoted (USD):

Studio 60's: $1309.00
CC-470: $521.99
PW-2100: $635.00

Are these good, bad, or average prices? Any advice for haggling the dealers? It seems that they will all price match, but I need a dealer who has a low-enough quotable price to match.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Ryan

#2 of 13 OFFLINE   GrahamT

GrahamT

Supporting Actor

• 556 posts

Posted December 07 2003 - 02:44 PM

I have heard that Pdigm dealers cannot ship and the prices that they usually quote are the MRSP. I live in Canada so I can't comment on your prices but from my experience they will drop about 10 to 15 percent when you commit to buy. They dont discount them very much but since you are spending so much you might be able to swing another deal like say throwing in some Titans for surround duty.

#3 of 13 OFFLINE   ArnaudP

ArnaudP

Stunt Coordinator

• 105 posts

Posted December 07 2003 - 05:13 PM

Ryan:

I am probably going to buy studio 20 v3 and cc470 v3. My local Paradigm dealer quoted me $700 for 20v3 and $500 for cc470v3.

#4 of 13 OFFLINE   Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor

• 927 posts

Posted December 08 2003 - 04:50 AM

Paradigm is very protective of their dealer network. Dealers are strictly prohibited from selling new Paradigm product on-line or shipping out of their franchise region. Paradigm can and does refuse to sell to dealers who violate these rules. So unless you are willing to drive to Texas to pick-up your speakers, don't even bother calling.

Also, most Paradigm dealers will only quote MSRP or a small discount over the phone. To get the best deal you usually have to go into the store and talk directly to the saleman or manager. The fact is that Paradigm products are in high enough demand that dealers don't have to offer much of a discount (if any) to move inventory. Generally, people who have an already established relationship with a dealer will get a better price than someone walking in off the street, even if the walk-in is buying an entire Studio 7.1 system.

Dan

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin

#5 of 13 OFFLINE   Nat Ward

Nat Ward

Agent

• 42 posts

Posted December 08 2003 - 05:54 AM

I'm not sure of the price increase from the V2 to the V3, but I paid $1100 for my V2 Studio 60s. I love them, I'm sure you won't be disapointed. Good luck.
Nat Ward

#6 of 13 OFFLINE   Mike Wladyka

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor

• 630 posts

Posted December 08 2003 - 06:14 AM

the 60's are going for $1500 and the cc470 is going for $600 up by me. with pretty much no discount
Now they show you how detergents take out bloodstains, a pretty violent image there. I think if you've got a T-shirt with a bloodstain all over it, maybe laundry isn't your biggest problem. Maybe you should get rid of the body before you do the wash.

#7 of 13 OFFLINE   John Garcia

John Garcia

Executive Producer

• 11,542 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted December 08 2003 - 06:19 AM

Would this be A&B? They cut me a deal on a single pair of speakers the last time I was in town and a friend wanted to buy speakers. Go in and talk to them, they may work with you.

v3 studio pricing went up for all models vs v2s. I was looking at 40s, and they are MSRP $1100, and 60s were $1500 I believe, so your prices are actually not too bad.

For that kind of cash for the 2100, I'd get an HSU or SVS sub....
HT: Emotiva UMC-200, Emotiva XPA-3, Carnegie Acoustics CSB-1s + CSC-1, GR Research A/V-1s, Epik Empire, Oppo BDP-105, PS4, PS3,URC R-50, APC-H10, Panamax 5100 Bluejeans Cable
System Two: Marantz PM7200, Pioneer FS52s, Panasonic BD79
(stolen) : Marantz SR-8300, GR Research A/V-2s, Sony SCD-222ES SACD, Panasonic BD-65, PS3 60G (250G)

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

#8 of 13 OFFLINE   Deane Johnson

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor

• 528 posts

Posted December 08 2003 - 06:28 AM

Most dealers don't want you shopping their prices. In other words, they don't want to give you a low price, then have you go to another store and ask them to beat it. That's the reason they want you ready to buy if they give you a good price.

#9 of 13 OFFLINE   cabreau

cabreau

Second Unit

• 322 posts

Posted December 11 2003 - 02:37 PM

I listened to some Studio 20's, 60's, and 100's tonight, along with the cc-470. All I can say is holy CRAP!!! Accurate, clean, crystal clear sound...and did I say accurate? Pushing them was an HK 7200, which I think I'll be buying along with the Studio 20's for L/R (movies/TV only and on somewhat of a budget), and a CC-470 or 570 for the center. (I'm just going to keep my Atoms for sides and surrounds). Anyone out there who has heard the cc-570 compared to the 470? Is it worth the price for that one 4" midrange driver that's added?
"...He who knows how to live can walk abroad without fear of rhinocerous or tiger. He will not be wounded in battle. For in him rhinoceroses can find no place to thrust their horn, tigers can find no place to use their claws, and weapons no place to pierce. Why is this so? Because he has no...

#10 of 13 OFFLINE   ArnaudP

ArnaudP

Stunt Coordinator

• 105 posts

Posted December 11 2003 - 03:14 PM

Just placed my order for 20v3 cc470v3 and J29 stands for the 20s. I can't wait. I paid $1400 for everything.
I will be using aDenon 3803 for now but will probably buy NAD 763 in the next few months.
Anyone listened to Paradigm ref inWalls?

#11 of 13 OFFLINE   cabreau

cabreau

Second Unit

• 322 posts

Posted December 12 2003 - 01:12 AM

Did you happen to listen to the CC-570 and the CC-470? I wanted to hear some opinions on the differences, since they didn't have one in the store.
"...He who knows how to live can walk abroad without fear of rhinocerous or tiger. He will not be wounded in battle. For in him rhinoceroses can find no place to thrust their horn, tigers can find no place to use their claws, and weapons no place to pierce. Why is this so? Because he has no...

#12 of 13 OFFLINE   Ryan Muessig

Ryan Muessig

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted December 12 2003 - 02:23 AM

cabreau: I compared the CC470 with the 570, and thought the 570 was much better, however the room that I sampled the 570 in was much better acoustically than the 470's room, so its hard to compare them apples-to-apples. For the delta in price, I would find somewhere that has both and compare them in the same setup with the same equipment if I were considering the 570.

-Ryan

#13 of 13 OFFLINE   Ryan Muessig

Ryan Muessig

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted December 12 2003 - 02:25 AM

John G: Yes, this was A&B TV. I have a decent competitive price from a Houston dealer (which I would be willing to drive to get), but I want to make sure that I get a better deal from A&B. I guess I'll just tell them I'm ready to buy today, and if their prices aren't good enough, then I will just walk away.

Ryan