Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Ideas to upgrade my system?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Huw Williams

Huw Williams

Agent

• 40 posts

Posted December 07 2003 - 03:45 AM

My first post in a LONG time

My current system has served me well for a few years now and I still think it performs well but I think it could be better

-------------------------------------------------------------

Currrent System:

Philips 28PW6305 28" Widescreen
Yamaha DSP-A5
Pioneer DV-717 DVD player
Pioneer CLD-2950 Laserdisc
Aiwa FX2800 VCR (rarely used though!)
Front Speakers: Tannoy M2.5 Speakers on sand filled Atacama SE24 stands on concrete slabs.
Centre Speaker: Tannoy MXC
Rear Speakers: Tannoy M1 on Atacama Nexus 10 stands
Paradigm PDR-10 Subwoofer on a concrete slab
Equipment mounted on a Sound-organisation Z-560 rack

All speakers are wired with Cable Talk 3.1 speaker cable. Subwoofer is wired with a custom QED QNEX 2 cable. The DVD player uses a QED Sqart cable.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Any ideas on how to upgrade the system? I'm thinking about getting a pair of Tannoy MX4 speakers for the front and moving the M2.5 speakers to the rear. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Owen Bartley

Owen Bartley

Second Unit

• 486 posts

Posted December 07 2003 - 12:02 PM

If you're going to have an extra set of speakers lying around after that purchase, I would say the next logical step would be to pick up a 7.1 ch. reciever. I'm not too familiar with Yammies, but there must be one similar to yours with a few more channels of amplification. Then again it depends on if that would work in your room setup or not.