Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Ideas to upgrade my system?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 Huw Williams

Huw Williams

Agent

• 40 posts

Posted December 07 2003 - 03:45 AM

My first post in a LONG time

My current system has served me well for a few years now and I still think it performs well but I think it could be better

-------------------------------------------------------------

Currrent System:

Philips 28PW6305 28" Widescreen
Yamaha DSP-A5
Pioneer DV-717 DVD player
Pioneer CLD-2950 Laserdisc
Aiwa FX2800 VCR (rarely used though!)
Front Speakers: Tannoy M2.5 Speakers on sand filled Atacama SE24 stands on concrete slabs.
Centre Speaker: Tannoy MXC
Rear Speakers: Tannoy M1 on Atacama Nexus 10 stands
Paradigm PDR-10 Subwoofer on a concrete slab
Equipment mounted on a Sound-organisation Z-560 rack

All speakers are wired with Cable Talk 3.1 speaker cable. Subwoofer is wired with a custom QED QNEX 2 cable. The DVD player uses a QED Sqart cable.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Any ideas on how to upgrade the system? I'm thinking about getting a pair of Tannoy MX4 speakers for the front and moving the M2.5 speakers to the rear. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

#2 of 2 Owen Bartley

Owen Bartley

Second Unit

• 486 posts

Posted December 07 2003 - 12:02 PM

If you're going to have an extra set of speakers lying around after that purchase, I would say the next logical step would be to pick up a 7.1 ch. reciever. I'm not too familiar with Yammies, but there must be one similar to yours with a few more channels of amplification. Then again it depends on if that would work in your room setup or not.