What's new

Which Denon to get? (1 Viewer)

JohnChu

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, what would you get ..Denon AVR 2803 -$1100 Cda, Denon AVR 1804 -$750 Cda or Denon AVR 1803 $700 Cda .. this is not including tax and what colour silver or black?

Regards,

John

Rodon

Second Unit
I just bought the 3803 in black from 6ave for $648.06 shipped. What is that in CAD? That is the one to get!

I had the Denon 2900 in Black so that is why I got black. If I ordered both today maybe I would order silver for them.

JohnChu

Stunt Coordinator
It would be $650 * 1.30= $845 ..
I went to the site 6ave and there are out of stock and it's $999

Regards,

John

Rodon

Second Unit
CAll them Monday and I bet they will sell it to you for $648.00 plus shipping to CA. Ask them for the 3802 that is really a 3803. It would be worth the 3 week wait for the savings.

PeterG

Agent
JohnChu,

In order to get the 6ave.com deal on the 3803 (and the deal is still going as far as I know) you have to look at the 3802 on 6ave which they claim they have in stock (but they do not have in stock!:) and what happens is they immediately substitute the 3803 for the 3802.

I acknowledge this is a fantastic deal and 6ave are authorised Denon retailers but theyy do not ship to Canada. Secondly, I do not know what will happen if you have a warranty issue. Will Denon Canada honour it? I think perhaps not.

Otherwise, purchasing (the 2803) from *authorised* Denon retailers in the US and shipping to Canada is generally not that much of a savings compared to buying from a store in Canada where you are able to negotiate the price.

However, for some reason there is in Canada a quite hefty mark-up on the 3803 as opposed to the 2803. Roughly the closest I can get them to is C$600 whereas in the US the price difference is generally a bit under C$300 (US$200).

JohnChu

Stunt Coordinator
It's an better deal to get the 3803 for $650 US which is equal to $845 Cda .. The 2803 sells for $1100 plus tax which is $1430 Cda.. See what is the bug price different ..as for warranty issue .. do you mean these receiver break down that fast?

Regards

John

PeterG

Agent
JohnChu,

You will if you are in Ontario still pay both the GST and the PST. And if you ship via UPS ground you will be hit with a brokerage fee which will add up.

I repeat that 6ave.com will not ship to Canada if you look at their web page. They will not accept anything other than US credit cards. Perhaps you could send them a money order
and that might work but even then they might not do it as they mention under shipping:

"International Credit Cards
Due to Manufacturers' Restrictions and Warranties, We Are Not Able to Process International Orders.
We only accept Domestic (USA) credit cards. Orders with International Credit Cards will not be processed."

So even though they talk about not accepting International Credit cards it seems like they would not process International orders howsoever paid for.

As regards the price differential I was referring to buying a 2803 online in the US as opposed to buying a 2803 in Canada. There is a negligible price difference when one purchases from an authorised Denon retailer. However buying a 3803 in the US will be considerably cheaper than buying a 3803 in Canada. The 6ave.com deal with the 3802/3803 is an anomaly and is very far from being standard.

As regards warranty matters, I do believe that it is unlikely that one will have a failure with your receiver in the period of the 2 year warranty. They are generally very reliable. But still, would one feel comfortable knowing that if there is any problem necessitating repair that you are not covered?

Peter

Rodon

Second Unit
If you want help on a 6ave 3803 - Send it to me and I will ship it to you in Canada as long as you pay the shipping and whatever fees. I have a place behind my house (literally at the end of my yard is the parking lot) called VIP Shipping. This receiver is huge and weighs 60lbs and the place is kinda expensive to ship from but I get 10% off as a discount for working at State Farm.

When UPS delivers it to my house I will take it behind me and ship it right out to you. Let me know if you want the help. Not a big problem for me as the shipping place is so close.

My 3803 arrived Friday 12/5 and I ordered it Monday 12/1 at 3:00pm. When I ordered mine it said 1-3 shipping days on the 3802 and 3803 on 6ave website.

Rodon

Second Unit
I called and just said "I want the 3803 for the 3802 price deal". They gave it to me no problems.

My confirmation email said 3803 on it as well.

People have had good luck with ordering on the website as well. I just felt safer waiting till last Monday and called them to verify everything.

BTW - I watched Pirates of the Caribbean last night on it and it was awesome sounding and that was before I calibrated it. I calibrated it today and restarted the movie again and it was EVEN better. GReat receiver and I am in love with the new remote design.

JeffPhill

Agent
I just reveived the denon 1804 for the price of the 1803 (US $345)from 6ave. I ordered the 1803 and received the 1804 without asking about a "deal". This may be another option to consider, since you mentioned the 1804. Hope this helps.

I just bought the 1804 for the 1803 price as well from 6ave. You don't need touse key words or be awkward about talking to them. Just say you saw the deal here and you're interested.
They told me they're banking on the support of forums like this and the avs as well.

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I ordered the 3802 online...and my 3803 is due to be delivered tomorrow. I called the first business day after I ordered and the sales guy confirmed it was going to be a 3803 instead of a 3802. He told me to tell all my friends and have them get in on this deal. This was last Monday (1 week ago).

Good luck! Can't wait to hook mine up tomorrow!~

Rodon

Second Unit
I will be ordering a second 3803 from 6ave tomorrow for a new friend up north of the border. Gotta get him in on this as well!

Jonathan L

Stunt Coordinator
I just ordered the 1603 from 6ave and got the 1604...a huge thank you to whoever I saw this deal from originally :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks