What's new

KLH ASW10-120 Powered Subwoofer not working (1 Viewer)

MikeCin

Grip
Real Name
Michael
I had this subwoofer for a long time, maybe 2 years or so, Anyways, Early Thursday morning, My subwoofer suddenly made a click sound and started humming, I always had the sub in the auto possition, I noticed the light was red, So I tried to switch it to off when It was still humming and glowing bright red, When I put the switch to on, the light turns green and the humming stops but no sound comming out of the subwoofer as the receiver is playing my music, I went the KLH Audio site to troubleshoot this problem and I believe it something to do with the amp's power relay being stuck, Anyways, This paticular subwoofer has been discontinued for sometime and I believe its out of the warantee since it was only for 1 year, Is there any way to fix this?, I would hate to spend a lot more money on purchasing a new powered sub since I got this one for 149.99 at best buy a long time ago.

Doug Brewster

Second Unit
MikeCin,

Since nobody else is responding...

It's broke.

"Is there any way to fix this?,I would hate to spend a lot more money on purchasing a new powered sub since I got this one for 149.99 at best buy a long time ago."

Try unplugging it and plugging it back in (with the switch on. If that doesn't work, try the same thing with the switch off.) If that doesn't work, try this:

You can get a KLH 12" sub at Costco for $99. Go buy one. If it gets broken, take it back to Costco and ask for your money back. They'll do it; even if it's out of warranty. You won't be able to get your present sub repaired for that kind of money nor will you get that kind of guarrentee if your sub is repaired. Even if you have to join Costco to buy one, the membership and sub will still be less money than your original. Did I mention that I love Costco? No, I don't work there.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Buy a new sub.....

The KLH at costco sounds like a real good deal.

I installed a refurbed AR s112ps over the weekend, for the $120 it costs, it's performance was nothing short of amazing.

If you want a sub that is going to really last, look at Velodyne, they seem to last much longer, especially when driven real hard than others sub, myself and my imediate friends have had experience with.

Most bargain subs, really only seem to last about 2 years tops, before they start having issues.

MikeCin

Grip
Real Name
Michael
Thanks for the recomendation, But, That speaker are very pricey, I bought this KLH one a long time ago at Best Buy and I need a powered subwoofer like it for the same price of 149.99 or around that range I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks