Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Question about running 6 Ohm speakers

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Jeremy:L

Jeremy:L

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted December 05 2003 - 03:20 AM

I was thinking about upgrading my home theater speakers with some Omage speakers, which are 6 Ohm. My receiver is a Pioneer VSX-D411, which is pretty much bottom of the line. Would this receiver be able to power 6 Ohm speakers? The lower the number, the more power they require, correct? Pardon my ignorance, I'm just learning about this stuff. Thanks!

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   David Judah

David Judah

Screenwriter

• 1,479 posts

Posted December 05 2003 - 12:28 PM

It should drive them, but at higher volumes you might notice a change in the character of the sound--it will probably sound more tinny and compressed. Of course, alot will depend on the size of the room and how loud you want to play them. The non Elites don't have a very beefy amp section because they are, after all, budget receivers. Good luck, DJ
Lecktor: Then how did you catch me?
Graham: You had disadvantages.
Lecktor: What disadvantages?
Graham: You're insane.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   ScottCarr

ScottCarr

Second Unit

• 459 posts

Posted December 05 2003 - 03:29 PM

David Judah Land of the best Green Chile; that is, New Mexico LOLOLOL The first time I went out to breakfast in Albuquerque I was asked red or green chiles. The lesson was learned rather quickly what the waitress was talking about. I said surprise me, boy what a surprise it was. If you want chiles on ice cream New Mexico is the place to go.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users