What's new

Question about running 6 Ohm speakers (1 Viewer)

Jeremy:L

Agent
I was thinking about upgrading my home theater speakers with some Omage speakers, which are 6 Ohm. My receiver is a Pioneer VSX-D411, which is pretty much bottom of the line. Would this receiver be able to power 6 Ohm speakers? The lower the number, the more power they require, correct? Pardon my ignorance, I'm just learning about this stuff. Thanks!

David Judah

Screenwriter
It should drive them, but at higher volumes you might notice a change in the character of the sound--it will probably sound more tinny and compressed. Of course, alot will depend on the size of the room and how loud you want to play them. The non Elites don't have a very beefy amp section because they are, after all, budget receivers.

Good luck,

DJ

ScottCarr

Second Unit
David Judah
Land of the best Green Chile; that is, New Mexico

LOLOLOL

The first time I went out to breakfast in Albuquerque I was asked red or green chiles. The lesson was learned rather quickly what the waitress was talking about. I said surprise me, boy what a surprise it was.

If you want chiles on ice cream New Mexico is the place to go.....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks