Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Hi Def PVR release

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   John Gallimore

John Gallimore

Auditioning

• 8 posts

Posted December 04 2003 - 04:29 AM

Hi guys,

Does anyone know when a hard drive PVR will be available in Canada. At the moment Bell have only the non-HD PVR. I don't really want to fork out for this only to rpelace it sooner rather than later.

Help appreciated.

Cheers.

J

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   brucek

brucek

Second Unit

• 335 posts

Posted December 04 2003 - 11:29 PM

But then you'll still be stuck with the limitation of not being able to record and watch something else.

Might as well get a non-HD PVR today and then add the HD version when it comes out.

They have a great deal on now at Expressvu for PVR's with $150 off. (Actually you can get another $100 off if you turn in your much sought after old 2700 receiver). This makes the overall PVR receiver only $299. Not a bad deal. I pulled the trigger on it myself.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Ryan Patterson

Ryan Patterson

Stunt Coordinator

• 105 posts

Posted December 22 2003 - 03:20 PM

With any luck, Bell will release their version of DISH's DVR-921 by the springtime. Two tuners, 250 GB hard drive, and lots of other bells n' whistles. Considering it goes for $999 US, I hope that Bell will sell it for around $1500 CDN or less.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Tim Jin

Tim Jin

Supporting Actor

• 526 posts

Posted December 24 2003 - 07:36 AM

I hear that RCA is coming out with a box that can record in HD. I haven't seen any specs, but I think it only does 10 hours.