Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Pulse-Pounding, Bone-Crunching, Explosive, Annhilating Action Movie Draft!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   John Kilduff

John Kilduff

Screenwriter

• 1,668 posts

Posted December 03 2003 - 03:35 PM

Figuring that we'll never see the end result of the Comedy Draft, I figure it's time to move on to genres new. In this case, I think an action movie draft would be interesting to do.

Rules (borrowed and re-tooled from the Comedy Draft are as follows):

Each participant gets to pick 18 actors/actresses. They can come from any time period in Hollywood history and they may be living or dead.

Writer-Can also be an actor or director. You can choose up to 3 writers for your movie...It's your call.

Director-Same as the rule for writers.

Producers-Same rules as the writers and directors.

Title-Take your pick.

Spectacular Stunt-The one scene that will set your movie apart from the rest. Can also be a homage to other movies.

Score and soundtrack-For the score, up to 3 composers can be chosen. For the soundtrack, pick out up to 12 artists of your own choosing. All artists must be chosen at the same time.

I decided on 18 actors/actresses because action movies always seem to have lots of people...Granted, most of them die early on, but still. Anyway, once you've chosen your (no pun intended) big guns (be they John Wayne or Arnold Schwarzenegger), who else will you pick? Gary Busey? Brigitte Nielsen? You can cast actors not only as heroes and villains, but also as comic relief and sex objects as well.

One final note...It can be intelligent if you want it to, but it can also be a mindless popcorn flick.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Any Takers?
Forget the Rewind. If you want real retro action, go to http://www.retrojunk.com.

Proud member of the American Film Institute and a Wal-Mart employee (Yes, you can be both).

From Michelle Pfeiffer to Daryl Hannah and all points in-between, I love 80s women. Don't believe me? Scope out this link: htt.....

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Wes C

Wes C

Supporting Actor

• 710 posts

Posted December 03 2003 - 06:56 PM

Count me in! Posted Image