Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Is it safe to order from onecall.com?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 Pat_C

Pat_C

Agent

• 47 posts

Posted December 03 2003 - 02:30 PM

They have a pretty good deal on the Onkyo TxSr501, and I'd like to pick it up, assuming it's a reputable place.

#2 of 10 aaron campbell

aaron campbell

Second Unit

• 282 posts

Posted December 03 2003 - 02:40 PM

Hi Pat, I highly recommend them. Great customer service!

Aaron

#3 of 10 Tim K

Tim K

Second Unit

• 402 posts

Posted December 03 2003 - 03:09 PM

Bought my 53" Pioneer RPTV from them last year. Great prices, totally reliable. I believe they are actually a brick&mortar Audio Video shop in Washington state. "onecall.com" is just their web presence.

#4 of 10 STLMIKE

STLMIKE

Stunt Coordinator

• 209 posts

Posted December 03 2003 - 03:16 PM

Yes, definitely. Have ordered from them many times and has always been a positive experience.

#5 of 10 Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter

• 1,402 posts

Posted December 03 2003 - 03:46 PM

Call and tell them you're from Home Theater Forum. They know about this place.
Home Theater Forum Sponsor

#6 of 10 Frank joe

Frank joe

Stunt Coordinator

• 155 posts

Posted December 03 2003 - 04:00 PM

yes they were great with me. i purchased my ati 2505 amp from them 4 months ago. 1,700 bucks. it was even double boxed. frank

#7 of 10 Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter

• 1,425 posts

Posted December 03 2003 - 06:19 PM

Ditto to what the above posters have expressed about the quality of Onecall. I purchased a Cambridge Audio A-300 integrated amp thru one of Gabriel's HTF specials from Onecall and could not have been more pleased with the product or the level of service...
Tim's Essential Music

Xbox Live gamertag: Stangboy124

#8 of 10 Doug Brewster

Doug Brewster

Second Unit

• 324 posts

Posted December 03 2003 - 09:32 PM

"I believe they are actually a brick&mortar Audio Video shop in Washington state."

They are (it says as much on their website, or used to). The name of the store is Huppins. I was there in July. They treated me great, even though I told them I was only auditioning (NHT SB3's). They are in Spokane, WA and they've been there for a long time.

As with any dealer, I'd read their ad carefully and/or talk to them over the phone prior to the purchase. Sometimes people order things and think they've ordered a new product when it's actually an older model, refurbished, or an "open box" item. Their may have been no intent to mislead the customer; simply a misunderstanding.
Turn It UP!

#9 of 10 Alf S

Alf S

Screenwriter

• 1,298 posts

Posted December 22 2003 - 05:58 AM

I bought my DVD recorder from OneCall and it was a smooth transaction. They even priced matched a cheaper price I found on another website....no questions asked.

p.s. Be sure to sign up for their discount "club" deal..saves even more $$.

A+
WOOSAH!.

#10 of 10 Scott Strang

Scott Strang

Screenwriter

• 1,133 posts

Posted December 22 2003 - 06:09 AM

I bought an Onkyo receiver from them about 3 years ago.

They even included overnight FedEx for $30 which I thought was a good deal on that heavy receiver and regular FedEx was only $2 cheaper. They double boxed the order and even the Onkyo box itself was in perfect shape.

When I'm ready to buy something again (assuming they carry it) I'll be buying from them even if their price isn't the cheapest.

Please make sure you're ordering what you really want as they will not take returns just because you don't like what you bought. They will, or course, take back a defective item.