What's new

Amoisonic, for the Music Fever in All of Us (1 Viewer)

Iver

Second Unit
For the enjoyment of my fellow HTF participants, I present these snippets from the Web site of Chinese consumer electronics manufacturer Amoisonic. They sell their products in the U.S. under a variety of brand names.

Receiver (SL16):

"Bypass modes for satisfying music fever's needs"

"Euphony of boot-strap music"

"Perfect protecting of power output, short cut circuit and temperature then notice the user."

DVD 8300:

"...good compatibility including CD-G, etc, so you can enjoy comfortable Home."

DVD 8800:

"With popular 48mm slim aluminous panel and excellent design."

PRO260 surround speaker set:

"Streamline design with piano oil paint of the top cover bottom cover.
Leathery decoration which is also absorb the vibration of the speakers.
The main speaker has 5 units 3 way design with 2 inside Keldon (woofer).
The tweeter is specially disposed to make the sound pure and clear."

PS160 bookshelf speaker:

"Structure inside like maze to make to make the tractility of bass better."

John Watson

Screenwriter
Cool site Matt!

I once tried to list the mispelled movie titles I was seeing in the bins at Future Shop.

Along with the just plain-can't-spell mistakes, there were some unintentional howlers that changed the movie title in a funny way.

Wish I could come across the list again.

Iver

Second Unit
Thank you for passing along the link to the Engrish site Matt. Perhaps I'll submit the Amoisonic site for their perusal.

In the meantime, I'm going to kick back and enjoy my Amoisonic system. Or at least I will if the tweeter is disposed to make the sound pure and clear. And while that tweeter is pure and clear, what I really love is the tractility of the bass, tractility you can only get from a maze-like structure. Well, it should work that way at least as long as the leathery decoration doesn't absorb ALL the vibration of the speakers.

But Amoisonic isn't only about performance. Sometimes it's about aesthetics and that special kind of beauty you can only get when the aluminous front panel catches the streamline glint of that top-cover-bottom-cover piano oil paint.

Mostly, though, I just like the way Amoisonic treats my severe outbreaks of music fever. When things get bad, those bypass modes really do satisfy just about all my music-related health care needs. And when the euphony of boot-strap music kicks in, it doesn't get any better than that.

Another great aspect of Amoisonic is the perfect manner in which the shortcut circuit protects my system's power and my body's temperature. And, let's face it, music fever can send your temperature right through the roof. Most of all though, in this world of impersonal receivers and A/V gear, I like the way my Amoisonic gear notices me, the user.

Plus, Amoisonic products interface really well with my other equipment, allowing good compatibility, even with CD-G, making it possible for me to enjoy a very comfortable Home. :)

But seriously, I bet their Engrish is way better than my Mandarin and if I even tried Cantonese, well, that would be a train-wreck for sure.

It reminds me of this expression the Chinese have (excuse me for mangling this): There is nothing worse under the sun and moon than a foreigner trying to speak Chinese.

And that reminds me of my own expression: 'Tis better to eat Chinese than speak it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks