Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

FS: Acoustic Research HC 6 surround speakers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Michael Rusher

Michael Rusher

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted December 02 2003 - 07:56 PM

New still in the box AR HC 6 surrounds and center channel. Perfect for someone who has the HC 6 system and needs one speaker for a 6.1 setup. Beautiful piano black finish.

As we probably all know Acoustic Research went belly up a few months ago and these speakers (HC6 sats) are hard to come by especially new ones. A friend of mine is selling these and he is a reasonable guy. So make an offer and I will pass it on.

Satellites $160.00 ea. includes shipping (3 available)
Center $190.00 includes shipping. (Within the US)

dinotreker@earthlink.net

Thanks
Michael Rusher

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Chad_Henry

Chad_Henry

Stunt Coordinator

• 61 posts

Posted December 04 2003 - 04:02 AM

I'd be willing to give him maybe $175 for the center and two satellites if he's interested.

He's way off on the pricing though, you can still find them new, the entire 5.1 setup for less than he wants for 2 satellites and the center.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Michael Rusher

Michael Rusher

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted December 05 2003 - 05:46 PM

I would have to agree with you Chad. If you wanted to buy the two satellites and the center from him you would be better off purchasing the complete set. But, if you just needed (1) speaker to complete a 6.1 setup and have all of your speakers match. It was a no brainier for me $150.00 vs $400.00. Now I have a nice HC6 6.1 setup.

I will pass along your offer.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Skyler

Skyler

Stunt Coordinator

• 150 posts

Posted December 09 2003 - 08:28 AM

The individual sats can be bought new from Recotons parts department for $75 each.
DVD Aficionado
My DVD Profiler

"Nobody puts Baby in a Corner!"

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Phil_La

Phil_La

Stunt Coordinator

• 86 posts

Posted December 09 2003 - 10:10 AM

Where can I find this Recoton parts department? I need 1 satellite.

I paid about $400 for the whole set. I'll offer your friend $90 shipped for 1 satellite unless I can find out how to get one directly from Recoton.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Michael Rusher

Michael Rusher

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted December 10 2003 - 08:40 PM

Phil_La
I will pass along your offer. My friend is a truck driver and is only in town on the weekends.

Skyler
When I was looking a couple of months ago for (1) satellite I believe I checked with Recoton and they told me there were none available at this time. Could be wrong!!! Thanks for the info